Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different HR analysis on Watch3 versus Samsung Health App

(Topic created on: 20-05-2021 02:08 PM)
Tony_B
Pioneer
Options

I have noticed significant differences in the HR data displayed on my Watch3 and what is shown via the Samsung Health app on my Galaxy S8+ (and this is after synchronising)

1.  Peak HR is different - often by 15% or more 

2. Amount of time in each of the HR zones is frequently completely different, for example following a "Walking" exercise, where I have triggered the start of the walk, manually.  Example from yesterday, on the Watch, at the end of the walk (when I stopped the recording) it showed significant amount of time in "aerobic", some time in "Weight control" and some in "Low intensity".  On the app, it just shows a very small amount of time in "weight control" and most time in "low intensity".

6 REPLIES 6
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Tony_B 

try turning off and on both devices to refresh their system 😊

check if sync data is still different

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Tony_B
Pioneer
Options

Thank you for responding.

Both devices have been switched off, and on again, before and since I noticed the problem, so I still need a solution!

0 Likes
Mike B
Explorer
Options

Same problem here. Consistently (already since purchase) even after multiple restarts of both the Watch 3 and Galaxy S21 there is no correlation between the analysis of HR between the watch and the phone. Average HR and used calories are the same between both devices. The problem probably lies in the different method of analysis between the devices. The Watch displays the HR analysis as percentage of maximal, whereas the phone displays the analysis as absolute values of the different HR zones. 

So the question is how to set the analysis on both devices to use the same method.

0 Likes
Mike B
Explorer
Options

Today called Samsung helpdesk. The only suggestion they had was to reset the watch device. Which is of course not really desirable. They also could not guarantee that this would solve the problem. Moreover it does not solve the problem of the question which of the two calculation methods is correct (HR-zones in pct or absolute values).

A bit disappointing, I must say. Hopefully Samsung will solve this issue, and most feasable is of course to introduce a setting where the user can decide whether to choose for both options.

0 Likes
Mike B
Explorer
Options

As not option seemed to be left to solve the problem of inconsisten presentation of training results, I did a factory reset of the Watch3. The result was:

1. I lost all my training history
  2. The inconsistency between the analysis between the watch and the phone is not solved

See the below images of the same recording.

I would ugently want to ask Samsung to solve this problem!

Screenshot_20230522_081619_Samsung Health.jpgScreen__20230522_081545.png

0 Likes
Mike B
Explorer
Options

After having had contact with Samsung Support Center, they advised to take my watch to a Service Center as it is 'likely to be a hardware problem'. Of course this is full nonsense as the information in my smarphone is correct, meaning that the sensors of the watch are correct, but the analysis is not correct. I cannot understand how this can be a hardware problem. 

0 Likes