Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Despicable ...buyers beware

(Topic created on: 27-04-2021 10:39 AM)
Pissedoff
First Poster
Options
I bought some SAMSUNG galaxy buds which failed with a none charging right ear Bud after 6 months! I have now found this to be  known issue which is widely documented on forums.  I contacted SAMSUNG to fix / replace however I was then told they couldn't repair them as they were a none EU model (bought from a EU online site). Why is it the consumers issue to check product sourcing?

As far as i am concerned I bought a brand...i don't care how a multi billion pound company splits its resource /departments. After complaining/escalating to senior support manager they then asked me to send the product in for repair however I then received another email stating the warranty exclussion and that they could fix it for £79 pound...outrageous, discussing rip off. never buying SAMSUNG again!! 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You should claim from wherever you bought them from. I fail to see the logic that it's Samsung's fault you dealt with somebody dodgy. Geographically restricted warranties are common place.
Pissedoff
First Poster
Options
It wasnt someone dodgy! It is a reputable website. It samsungs fault as its a samsung product! I don't give two hoots about the semantics of their company structure. Not to mention the failed product design!
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@Pissedoff wrote:
It samsungs fault as its a samsung product!

No it's not... If it's a reputable website then contact them and they will repair under warranty or replace.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Pissedoff
First Poster
Options
Yeah why should a company selling shoddy products and using corporate structures to avoid accountability be held responsible! Especially when they have consumers who bow down to them! There was once a time when the customer got a service and was valued...and was not just a £ in the P & L!
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Who is the reputable website you purchased your buds from?

Current Devices:
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Selling grey imports is not a sign of a reputable company. As I mentioned your claim is against them since their business practices means you don't have a warranty.
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@Pugs1957 wrote:
Selling grey imports is not a sign of a reputable company.

Amazon have been know to sell EU hardware to UK Consumers. They have done it to me in the past. I wouldn't say that Amazon was not a reputable company?

My point being is that it's possible for the consumer to end up with a grey import even though they paid full retail price unknowingly. In this case, as the OP hasn't provided any information as to where they obtained them I'm guessing he/she purchased them at a lower price point fully aware they were grey imports.

Current Devices:
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Because legally you don't have a leg to stand on. As already pointed out you need to take this up with the Vendor (if they are reputable they will replace or refund your buds) and not Samsung