Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deep sleep tracking Active watch 2

(Topic created on: 01-05-2021 08:52 AM)
Chobbit
Apprentice
Options
I know there are lots of forums on this issue but I want to repeat it as I'm a new galaxy smartwatch owner and I'm really frustrated at my bogus data for deep sleep and I really want Samsung to take note of this and fix the issue.

I got my watch in April and its Brill except it says I only deep sleep for 5-7 minutes at a time which just can't be right. I've tried all the advice and lots of different things but am seriously considering replacing my Active 2 with a Fitbit Versa 3.

A shame as I really like how interconnected my watch is to my S20+ but I wanted a device that tells me my sleep patterns but this just doesn't!

Samsung please fix this issue. 
9 REPLIES 9
Colinday
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I agree , very frustrating and recently it has got a LOT worse. I have a £30 honor band 5 and which I wear on my other arm and the sleep readings are massively different and more realistic in my view
0 Likes
Nick96
Apprentice
Options

I'm wearing a galaxy watch active 2 since October 2020, but in the last couple of months I've been experiencing the same issue about deep sleep. From a few minutes (5 to 10 minutes) of recorded deep sleep to no deep sleep at all! Plus, looking at the data of my heart rate during night (going from 43/44 up to 52/55), it's "reasonable" suggesting that I must have deep slept for more than 10 minutes.

Chobbit
Apprentice
Options
Am hoping samsung take note and do an update so that it's actually a somewhat accurate sleep tracker - I now don't wear my watch to bed coz I don't like to see such stupid data but totally defeats one of my main purposes of buying this watch.
Chobbit
Apprentice
Options
I updated my watch last night to the newest update and my watch said I had 40 minutes deep sleep last night! Slightly tentatively excited that this update includes a fix to the tracking. Will start wearing the watch again and see how well it does. Fingers crossed!
0 Likes
JBP
Apprentice
Options
Same problem here. Been using my Active 2 for a week, right after having software updated. For the first few days I used my old fitbit simultaneously. Completely different sleep records. I average 1 h deep sleep according to fitbit, and less than 30 min with Active watch. Also, it seems to be under estimating my Hr: measures 120 when I know I'm well above when exercising vigorously, as I checked with the fitbit and the HR monitor on the bike, which show approx the same. This is definitely a Samsung issue and I'm hoping they can sort this... HR it is The essential thing. Disappointed
0 Likes
JBP
Apprentice
Options
Same here, some nights it says I had no deep sleep at all, which can't be. I wore it at the same time as my old Fitbir, which recorded 45 min of deep sleep.
Nick96
Apprentice
Options

I noticed that if you set the "HR and stress" from once-every-10-min-tracking to continuously-tracking it helps a bit for the measurement of sleep phases. Nothing extraordinarily better but still worth a try

0 Likes
VeronikaLux
Apprentice
Options

@samsung 

When are you going to fix accurate deep sleep data???

AndroSam
Explorer
Options
Just discovering this issue myself. ***** that's so annoying! I thought for months I've just been a terrible sleeper.
Will it be returning the watch under warranty?