Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Dashboard Watchface - temperature not showing - Gear Sport

(Topic created on: 16-04-2018 01:24 PM)
Mumpi
Journeyman
Options

Hey there,

after yesterdays firmware update (Tizen 3.0.02 / R600XXU1ARC4), the temperature widget in the default dashboard watchface does not show the temperature any more. It just shows "No Info" (or "K. Info" as I use German). When I tap on it, it opens the weather app/widget itself, which shows all the correct information on the Gear Sport. Tried to reboot etc. nothing works.

Is anyone experiencing this too?

In parallel, Samsung's own weather app on the S9 (ver 1.5.59.1) does not open any more on the phone either. It opens/closes in an infinite loop. I wonder if this is connected?

45 REPLIES 45
5urv1v0r
Journeyman
Options

Can you find the weather app on your gear watch? If yes, but you can't find it in the galaxy apps, this means that the weather app is already up-to-date. The next time it needs updating it will pop up. Besides, you can look for it in the galaxy apps yourself. Just check the essentials section (I remember I used to look for the gear weather app in one of the sections but forgot which one. I am using my memory here because currently I don't have a Samsung phone. Maybe somebody with a Samsung phone could advise in which section you can find it.).

And yes the weather used to show in the Samsung original watch faces but stopped recently so it is a bug somewhere.

0 Likes
EC11
First Poster
Options

Same here. Worked well for months untill today's 3.0.0.2 upgrade.

Samsung, please issue a fix. Didn't seems to be released to versions of weather app.

assafm
First Poster
Options

Same here :smileysad:

It has to be a bug in the firmware update as it's started immediately after the update.

Super annoying as I'm used to checking the temp straight from my stock watch face.

SAMSUNG please fix!!!

zice
First Poster
Options

after 3.0.0.2 update on a gear sport, the HR does not update anymore in most stock/3rd party faces.

if you press the widget, it takes you to SHealth which shows the current HR, which is fine. However going back to main watch screen, the widget is not updated / doesn't show real time anymore.

the only one that seems to work is the "Dual Dial" watch face.

0 Likes
JR_
First Poster
Options

I have all the latest versions on my phone and Gear and I'm still having this problem unfortunately.

0 Likes
Maciej111
First Poster
Options
The same issue with my gear S3 classic and s6 edge. The newest updates installed.
0 Likes
Mumpi
Journeyman
Options

As posted by Ants about a week ago ...

@AntS

Are you able to send some info directly to our software team on this issue? (Open Samsung Members app > select Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports > Application > tick Send System Log Data, and attach a description of the problem.)

Makes more sense than to complain here. The more people report it directly to Samsung the better are the chances that it gets adressed. Nobody knows if they even pay much attention to this community forum.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all. :robothappy:

Thanks for the info you've sent.

There's an update to the Weather app/widget coming your way that fixes this one. When you get it, if you also clear the app/widget's cache and data through the Application Manager it should sort things for you.

0 Likes
Nisnos
Apprentice
Options

Great. Thanks. How do we know when we get the updates? Do we get notified automatically? And also, how do we clear the apps/widgets cache and data? I can't see the option to do so on the apps manager?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Nisnos: No worries. Unsure if you found the app on your Note8 but you should be able to clear the app's cache and data by: Settings > Apps > All Apps > Weather > Storage > Clear Data, Clear Cache.

It'll be best to regularly manually check for an update in this case: Galaxy Apps > More > My Apps > Update.