Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Dashboard Watchface - temperature not showing - Gear Sport

(Topic created on: 05-04-2018 04:43 PM)
Mumpi
Journeyman
Options

Hey there,

after yesterdays firmware update (Tizen 3.0.02 / R600XXU1ARC4), the temperature widget in the default dashboard watchface does not show the temperature any more. It just shows "No Info" (or "K. Info" as I use German). When I tap on it, it opens the weather app/widget itself, which shows all the correct information on the Gear Sport. Tried to reboot etc. nothing works.

Is anyone experiencing this too?

In parallel, Samsung's own weather app on the S9 (ver 1.5.59.1) does not open any more on the phone either. It opens/closes in an infinite loop. I wonder if this is connected?

45 REPLIES 45
Mumpi
Journeyman
Options

As written in my initial post ...

Tizen 3.0.02 / R600XXU1ARC4

Samsung's own weather app on the S9 - ver 1.5.59.1

Since no updates are available, they seem to be the lastest versions!

Galaxy apps show no available updates for Gear or Phone.

SmoovNerd
Apprentice
Options

Yes, both versions are up to date.

AntS
Options

Cheers, guys. :robothappy:

Are you able to send some info directly to our software team on this issue? (Open Samsung Members app > select Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports > Application > tick Send System Log Data, and attach a description of the problem.)

0 Likes
5urv1v0r
Journeyman
Options

Yes everything is up-to-date! No updates are available for the gear sport firmware, gear plugin or the weather app.

Mumpi
Journeyman
Options

I have reported both issues via the members app.

0 Likes
Nisnos
Apprentice
Options

I have the smae issue with weather on gear sport watch.

Can someone please give me a step by step guide of how to update weather app on my note 8? I cant find the app on the my apps list in the phone settings or on my apps on google play??

Thanks. 

0 Likes
5urv1v0r
Journeyman
Options

The weather app on the Gear watch is a Samsung app not a play store one.

You have to go to Galaxy Apps on your phone (Samsung's own app market), then from the app menu go to "My Apps" (where you will find all the apps already downloaded on your watch) then go to the Gear tab (the Galaxy apps downloaded on you gear watch). If there is any app that needed to be updated you will see an update icon next to it (two reversed round arrows).

0 Likes
Nisnos
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. But I meant something else. nother poster said they have "Samsung's own weather app on the S9 - ver 1.5.59.1". Any idea where he got that info? And how do you update that app on the phone itself (or does it do it automatically)?

And also, when I followed your instructions re checking the apps installed on the watch and I had no apps listed. I havent actually downloaded any apps on the watch so this might not be unusal. But shouldnt the watch weather app be listed on there? 

Very annoying, I use the Analogue Utility wathc face as well and it just looks stupid with no info displayed where the weather should be!

0 Likes
nl93
Student
Options
Everything up to date, yes. This is quite an obvious bug (wonder how the developers did not recognize this when testing) and should be fixed asap!
0 Likes
CodyD
Journeyman
Options

Mine has all the same issues. Come on samsung. Apps no where to be found either...

0 Likes