Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dance Tracking on Galaxy Watch

(Topic created on: 08-03-2022 04:15 AM)
Leanne88
Apprentice
Options

I go in to my settings on my phone and select dance as a favourite exercise, so is there a reason this doesn't show on my phone?

If I select it on my phone to complete the workout my watch doesn't recognise I am doing anything so no heart rate is measured.

If I choose to use other workout instead it says I've used half the calories of a hour long dance session.

This is very frustrating as its on your app so no reason why it shouldn't be on the watch too.

Please help 

9 REPLIES 9
SamDNL
Apprentice
Options
100% agree with this post! I am a dance/fitness instructor and my watch doesnt calculate the correct calories for dance/zumba/kettlebells!
It's very frustrating and I too hope that this feature can be added. The samsung galaxy watch is a huge disappointment!!
jungle36
First Poster
Options

I totally agree. Barre isn't even on. At least if the watch had aerobics it would work.  If it's in Samsung health, it should be on the watch.

Thevampirelilith
First Poster
Options

I have the same frustration. Please make dance workout available on the watch!

nb0211
First Poster
Options

Is this going to be fixed??

I'm ready to swap to fitbit which does have dance as a trackable workout

AMstar
First Poster
Options

Samsung I hope you listen and are working on this. A lot people at least need an aerobic function! Why in the world is it on my phone app but not the ACTIVE watch?????

katringlueck
First Poster
Options

When is this finally going to be updated. Dancing is such a frequently chosen form of exercise they just have to make an update on this, it's so frustrating. Meanwhile whichever mode I choose it gives me different amounts of kcal burned, how am I supposed to know what's close enough to track.

Members_hU7IHR1
First Poster
Options

Right? This is very upsetting. Especially seeing how long people have been requesting this. I just switched from apple to Samsung and this really makes me consider just using my apple watch again and getting the new iPhone. 

0 Likes
Phoebad
First Poster
Options

This post has been around for about 14 months, so it doesn't seem like Samsung cares, but yes - please: dance, aerobics, zumba. Please add something! Or give us the ability to program in custom workouts AND SAVE THEM for repeated use.

0 Likes
Atcold
Student
Options

Samsung is a top-down company. They don't listen to their customers. I'm not even sure if the developers use Samsung's products, because we wouldn't end up in this situation otherwise. They roll out new devices with missing features and then move to the next device. 😕

0 Likes