Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycling auto detection

(Topic created on: 02-02-2023 06:02 PM)
Members_ksDxKll
First Poster
Options

Hi,

One of the most important problems that I have with my watch (Galaxy watch 4 Classic), is auto detection for cycling, that currently does not exist. I searched a lot in internet, but didn't find  any solution for it. 

I am one of the serious fans of Samsung and would like to request you to add this important option to watches because it is very important for the people who go to work by bike everyday and also in comparison with apple watch (that have this option) it doesn't seem good.

Best Regards 

9 REPLIES 9
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Was a little dissapointed my self with the watch not auto detecting a bike ride. Yet my old galaxy active 2 did.
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
As you guys may have noticed.. I am very noisy in productively criticising Samsung Health app

Both watch 4, 5 have ample facilities to challenge Garmin and Apple, but this 17th century Samsung Health app is not backing up the watches

It's only need a basic software update to meet the needs of the modern day dynamic users.. Simple as that...

Samsung for God's grace listen to your moder and diverse customer needs
Richard_59
First Poster
Options

Samsung you need to get this feature implemented. My GW 3 worked perfectly in this case. Cycling is my most regular exercise. It is all very well catering for gym equipment but I like to be outside in the fresh air for exercise on a real bike!

SamTril
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem with my watch 5 pro, even my gear s2 classic used to detect cycling automatically albeit after some minutes of cycling. I don't understand why a later and much more expensive watch model is not doing better at it. Samsung, you need to resolve this issue ASAP. I am seriously considering returning the watch and switching to a more intelligent smart watch if nothing is done about this seemingly simple matter in good time.

Disillusion
Journeyman
Options
I cycle almost every day. No not head down ***** up, I commute on my Brompton 2 miles each way. I don't want to set up a 50 mile route all I want is the watch to detect and record it.
My old S10 did it just on the phone with no watch. My newer s22 doesn't which is why I bit the bullet and bought the Watch5. A very expensive mistake on my part. But the advertising implies it does record cycle rides.... just not automaticly. Its like the one number thing only available in the US.
Poydaman
First Poster
Options

Rather than returning, you could use the Google Fit app? It detects cycling for me

0 Likes
Raapale
First Poster
Options

This has been a massive disappointment that I've realised since getting the Watch 4. I had the Watch Active 2 which auto detected cycling just fine, and the fact that a newer watch doesn't have this feature feels like a massive downgrade in usability, and a really bad call on Samsung's part. To add insult to injury, the watch seems to be quite adept at picking up on stops at traffic lights when I manually set the watch to log cycling, auto pausing the work out. So this was a conscious choice to leave out it seems, not anything to do with the watch's abilities. How stupid. 

MarcosTC
Student
Options

I commute by bike, do calisthenics 1 a week and sport-climb another 2-3 times a week. My Galaxy 4 is terrible at all of them. I mainly use the watch for checking time a and weather. What a terrible mistake was to buy this watch. Never again Samsung. Though, If somebody ask me for a watch to count repetitions in the gym, having to reach your watch every series, will highly recommend it. Good running and walking tracking, a pity I hate running.

0 Likes
Members_1siAa35
First Poster
Options

Do Samsung actually respond to such requests?

0 Likes