Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-country skiing on watch works without GPS

(Topic created on: 23-01-2022 09:06 AM)
Jaanus09
Apprentice
Options

Cross-country skiing is finally available on Galaxy watch - unfortunately this is useless because it does not support GPS tracking.  If I use cross-country skiing on phone  - it works with GPS.
When using watch - GPS is not activated for some reason,  so this feature is useless because track profile data and distance is also needed - not just basic calories and heart rate.

19 REPLIES 19
Gepataki
First Poster
Options

I wonder the same. Tried to start simultaneously both from watch and phone but there's no kind of option like merge results. Annoying. Gps tracking is a must be option while outdoor activities. Please sammie repair this bug. 

Kaalepson
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, GPS not working in watch 4 with Cross-country skiing. This is needed! Please fix!

Jüri
Student
Options

Same issue. @Samsung, we need a quick fix before the winter ends!

RRisto
Student
Options

Fix this issue.  Should'nt be so difficult

El Gordo
Student
Options

Does anyone know if using the Run activity works on the GSGW4 for cross country skiing?  I think it includes GPS.

JR121
First Poster
Options

I believe this works, but it will mess your running statistics if this is important to you. For example if you are used to sync this data to Strava. 

Niclas_1234
Apprentice
Options

How has this not been fixed yet by Samsung? My wife has a Polar watch and that works fine with her Iphone. We discussed this at the skeeing club this evening and realized that Samsung has not even given a reply to this post. Well, unfortunately Samsung lost a few Samsung watch buyers today. I have bragged about the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 for quite some time now, and just as I had started to get them convinsed that Samsung Health and Galaxy Watch is the way to go, this ***** hits the fan. Well done Samsung.. well done 😑

bthoem
Apprentice
Options

I just bought this watch and went for a skiing trip this weekend, only to discover that my trips were not recorded. What is even more astonishing is that the issue has not been fixed yet.

Is this community the only way to report DEFECTS to Samsung? Or are there other options you can recommend?

Bjørn Tore

0 Likes
Purrrfect
First Poster
Options

So totally agree! Same problem with long-distance skating (on ice), no gps! It is so big waste already, done so many kilometers. Fix this!!