Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-country skiing in Samsung Health on phone not showing up on Galaxy Watch

(Topic created on: 04-05-2021 12:51 PM)
m_j_st
Student
Options
Cross-country skiing in Samsung Health on phone not showing up on Galaxy Watch? So it is not possible to start ski training from the watch.
30 REPLIES 30
Ursa
First Poster
Options

I'm wondering the same thing. There are simplier devices that have many options for crosscountry skiing, like classic, free, dog skiing... so it's a huge disappointment not to find crosscountry on Galaxy Watch.

AndrewL
Options

@m_j_st @Ursa: Sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the absence of cross country skiing on the Galaxy Watch. All I can suggest is looking for a workout that closely mirrors this e.g. something with lots of arms and leg movements such as the Elliptical Trainer. I understand that this isn't ideal, and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

0 Likes
MariaPirttiniemi
First Poster
Options

I have seen that people have requested this since at least 2019. This is the only thing that I don't like about my Samsung watch. Selecting Eleptical Trainer instead of cross country skiing will not give a map and distance since there is no GPS to that exercise. I don't understand why this cannot be added? Should be quite an easy fix since you already have it in Samsung Health app on the phone and similar features in the watch?

Mike_2001
First Poster
Options

I must say it's sad that Samsung is not ready to put in the work of extending this workout to the Galaxy watch. It would take no effort at all, they already have similar workouts implemented on the watch, basically a copy-paste coding task...  😞

Richie49
First Poster
Options

I discovered this today. Agree it is VERY strange and should be a low hanging fruit given all the similar exercises and sensors available.  So, what is the reason and when can we expect this function @samsung?  Otherwise extremely satisfied with my new Active2 watch.

olavjunior
Journeyman
Options

You've got the options on the health phone app, why not mirror the activities to the watch??? If I had known this, I would never have bought this watch! This is subpar Wear with Google Fit

Cheese Man
First Poster
Options

No cross country skiing option as a "workout"? Seriously? C'mon you can do better than that, Samsung. 

Not to mention no "elevation gain" in the cycling, hiking or running. Really? 

These are so basic.

tarmof
Student
Options

In Galaxy Watch 4 Samsung Health you can now add Cross Country, Inline Skating, and more outdoor activities, but they all are missing GPS, which exists in the phone version!

I completely do not understand what are developers thinking

Ronniewalker
First Poster
Options

I was very disappointed and also perplexed to find this out today as well. Do they think cross-country skiing is done indoors on a trainer? Distance is like the main thing to display along with the time! This is embarrasing and Samsung would do well to fix it soon, as the skiing season is already on!