Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problem with Galaxy watch 5 pro

(Topic created on: 07-03-2023 06:05 PM)
Goodjob
Explorer
Options
Every few weeks my watch randomly shows as being disconnected from my S22 and the watch no longer appear in the Wearables app. This has happened about 6 times since I purchased my S22 in Dec. Previously I had no issues like this with my S20.

I tried going into airplane mode on the phone and it made no difference. When I tried to reconnect to the watch via the wearables app it doesn't find the watch, however the watch still appears in the available devices list in the Bluetooth app. If I then attempt to pair the same code is generated on the mobile screen and the watch and if I end up accepting on both devices wearables comes to the front and displays an error message which says:

"Can't pair with Galaxy watch 5 Pro. To connect to a new phone you need to reset your watch first, which will delete all the data" 

Performing a reset is the only method I have found to get my watch to reconnect to my mobile. Clearly having to do this every few weeks is not acceptable. 

Anyone else had this issue? 
15 REPLIES 15
puterboy
Journeyman
Options

Speaking to customer service - says it only works with Samsung phones which was not disclosed when purchased.
Seems like a lawyer could make a lot of money here...

Goodjob
Explorer
Options
They also don't care about the law. I put in a subject access request over 7 months ago, which they formally acknowledged, but I've never received anything.
Goodjob
Explorer
Options
I have a Samsung phone and still have the issue.
puterboy
Journeyman
Options

They are sending me to a "repair" shop -- when clearly this is just a software bug.... wish they would invest a little in their software -- and then Samsung is amazed that nobody chooses to use their version of apps -

0 Likes
Jason58
Student
Options

Same thing, Samsung A53, and watch 5pro. All accessories and charging dock original Samsung products. Usually seems to occur most often when I shutdown the watch overnight when I'm traveling without my charger for some reason. Typically when I'm not connected to my home wifi. At least that's generally the circumstances.

Goodjob
Explorer
Options
Been there. What's missing is the ability to turn on logs on the mobile and phone that details what halppens when the watch disconnects and when you try and reconnect. I'm amazed that this basic of capabilities is missing. I bet they return the watch and say they are unable to reproduce the issue.