Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problem with Galaxy watch 5 pro

(Topic created on: 07-03-2023 06:05 PM)
Goodjob
Explorer
Options
Every few weeks my watch randomly shows as being disconnected from my S22 and the watch no longer appear in the Wearables app. This has happened about 6 times since I purchased my S22 in Dec. Previously I had no issues like this with my S20.

I tried going into airplane mode on the phone and it made no difference. When I tried to reconnect to the watch via the wearables app it doesn't find the watch, however the watch still appears in the available devices list in the Bluetooth app. If I then attempt to pair the same code is generated on the mobile screen and the watch and if I end up accepting on both devices wearables comes to the front and displays an error message which says:

"Can't pair with Galaxy watch 5 Pro. To connect to a new phone you need to reset your watch first, which will delete all the data" 

Performing a reset is the only method I have found to get my watch to reconnect to my mobile. Clearly having to do this every few weeks is not acceptable. 

Anyone else had this issue? 
15 REPLIES 15
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I had no issues at all, when I had s22U and not with my S23U now. Everytime you pair with a phone it forces you to reset. This doesn't explain why it removes itself from the phone, sorry no issues at all

Have you spoken to Support?
0 Likes
Jason58
Student
Options

Yes absolutely the same issue. Had my watch for just over a year and this has just happened for the third time. My solution has frustratingly been also the same.  It happens randomly. Not after any updates on behalf of my phone A53, or watch 5 pro.

nothing like spending an hour on that tiny screen setting up your preferences and credit cards. 

very frustrating.

Goodjob
Explorer
Options

The journey I've been so far has been horrendous and still not resolved. Ive be spent hours on the phone with Samsung who took me down the route of it's must be the phone. After trying loads of different steps to resolve, including multiple Mobile phone factory resets and getting the motherboard replaced.  I eventually persuaded EE to replace my mobile  but that didn't fix the issue. I then eventually persuaded John Lewis to change the watch, but that didn't fix the issue and that is where I am today. I'm amazed that Samsung haven't provided the ability tp generate a log to capture when and why the issue occurs. Samsung have been next to useless and there Customer Service approach is incredibly poor and on a level with Currys when it existed. I'm hoping that the new Wear OS update will resolve the issue, because Samsung just leave you in no mans land rather than taking effective ownership for resolving the issue, given that I had 2 premier Samsung products. Beware buying connected devices from different retailers because Samsung definitely haven't got your back. 

0 Likes
puterboy
Journeyman
Options

Same problem with a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro.

The wearables app "randomly" forgets its connection to the watch and then can't connect again without fully resetting the watch.

Samsung makes decent hardware BUT their software is the WORST and their support is NON-EXISTENT.

Never will by one of their products again. Will switch to Google Pixel Watch -- Google's products seem to just work.

Goodjob
Explorer
Options
Try resetting the wireless and Bluetooth settings on your phone. That made a difference for me but didn't completly resolve the issue.
puterboy
Journeyman
Options

@Goodjob wrote:
Try resetting the wireless and Bluetooth settings on your phone. That made a difference for me but didn't completly resolve the issue.

Unfortunately that doesn't help for me.

I seem to have tried everything short of deleting all the data on my watch.

Why isn't Samsung acknolwedging and fixing this?

Their Android Watch 5 Manager plugin has a rating of 2.2 with thousands of 1/5 ratings due to this issue.

For $400+, I expect a watch that does more than tells time. Even a crappy $20 Chinese smart watch has better software than this!

puterboy
Journeyman
Options

The furthest I can get is that says "Getting your watch ready..." and then freezes at around 80-86%.

Other times, it doesn't even get this far and says "fails to connect" or "incorrect pin" or other stuff like that.

I mean synching and connecting is pretty basic. SAMSUN wake up and fix your cr*ppy software!

puterboy
Journeyman
Options

Someone should file a class action suit against Samsung.
I hate a lot of things about Apple, but at least their software works

Goodjob
Explorer
Options
I eventually got the retailer to replace the watch. Samsung were absolutely useless and frankly simply didn't care.
0 Likes