Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Ear Buds for people who are deaf in one ear

(Topic created on: 28-04-2021 12:12 PM)
Candy_s7
Apprentice
Options

Hi there Samsung,

I really like my galaxy ear buds, especially because being deaf in my left ear, means I don't have an unnecessary earphone to use, however, it's a real shame that you need both ear buds to control the volume. I can't find the stats but being deaf in one ear is way more common than you think. Would love if you could create software that allows me to control the volume from one bud eg. short hold/long hold or one tap, 2 taps.... Would love to know your thoughts on this. thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I think they need more control options with the buds. Volume control from one bud use as you mentioned is just one example. From what I've heard, the buds Pro will be getting the same double tap edge function as the buds+ which is nice 👍 I just wish they'd expand on the options of usage.
Candy_s7
Apprentice
Options

👍🏽 Thanks yes, more control options could be useful. What were you thinking would help? 

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I'd like to have more intelligent track skipping for example, as it stands now you need to double tap either bud for next and triple tap for previous track. Triple tap I find finicky and doesn't always register properly unlike double tap. Would be better if it used double left bud for previous and right bud for next.
0 Likes
Candy_s7
Apprentice
Options

I hadn't even tried triple tap lol! But that makes loads of sense. 

..... Obviously wouldn't work for me though, as I don't wear the left bud. I tried it a few times, just to use the controls, but it's too weird wearing it. 

reas543
First Poster
Options

I'd want to have greater wise tune skipping for instance, because it stands now you want to double faucet either bud for next and triple tap for preceding tune. Triple tap I locate finicky and would not always register well unlike double  click. Would be better if it used double left bud for preceding and proper bud for subsequent.

0 Likes
Candy_s7
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. Sounds like people would like to have more options for customising the controls... . Obviously for me I only need it in one ear bud. 

0 Likes