Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic 4 Blood Pressure Accuracy

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 02:31 PM)
Nίκος
Journeyman
Options

Blood pressure measurement was the feature I bought his watch for and it let me down big time. This is what I have noticed every time after calibration. Just after you calibrate the watch and get a few measurements they are pretty accurate... BUT... that's because it's just been calibrated and gives you blood pressure results within the range of the calibration. So far so good... The 3rd value of the calibration as (92-130).

My blood pressure some times does drop, so one of those times (1 day after calibration) I measured my blood pressure both with my OMRON and SAMSUNG CLASSIC 4 and the results? OMRON gave me the low blood pressure I had (75-110) while CLASSIC 4 gave me a measurement close to the calibrated one (95-133)!!!!! Totally wrong and way off.

So I assume blood pressure measurements are accurate if you 100% healthy all the time and have a steady blood pressure which if this is the case YOU DON'T really need a blood pressure measurement device anyway!

I am frustrated because I have used every possible watch position, as indicated a centimetres way from the wrist... I moved it in front... tight, very tight... not tight, both hands, everything... the results are the same. I was waiting for this feature for years and when I saw that SAMSUNG was releasing such a product I though it would be full proof, I was wrong. I am a SAMSUNG user since NOTE 1 and very disappointed with my purchase.

12 REPLIES 12
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
My watch 4 classic give me accurate reading all the time, maybe becauce I don't have hairy arm I guess
0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

No pressure gauge on the planet will give you identical measurements in numbers,none..

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

1. measurement

20220224_121629.jpg

2. measurement

20220224_121139.jpg

3. measurement

20220224_121004.jpg

It always works approximately (+,-),but I say,the measured pressure numbers will probably never be completely equal. Maybe in 1% of cases you get the same numbers on the pressure gauge. On any.

0 Likes
Nίκος
Journeyman
Options

OK, these are close like my measurements but... did you have your blood pressure drop? It's in such cases were the watch is way off like in the example I gave (75-110) vs (95-133). That's not close.

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

No,I havent for now,I take calibration every two weeks,I dont wait to GW4 warning me...

0 Likes
Nίκος
Journeyman
Options

Well, I was hoping that the watch would be (at least a little bit) accurate and verify when my bp is starting to go low, because in my case it drops very fast within a few minutes. Maybe I am one of those cases that tge watch can't measure, what can I say.

0 Likes
izazael
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. My blood pressure varies a lot during the day, and I find that the watch simply parrots whatever my readings were when I calibrated it last. Eg, just now it's reading 127/77 when my medical BP monitor is reading 148/96.

I recalibrated it yesterday because it was giving me oddly consistent readings at all times of the day for several days. Now it's giving me the same low readings every time despite my actual BP being seriously higher.

I didn't expect it to be perfect, but I did expect it to not just display slightly different figures to your last callibration in the hopes of fooling you into thinking it actually works at all.

ajp74
First Poster
Options

I have similar experience. I just started prescription medicine to control my blood pressure. The watch reading, especially for lower pressure, remains close to calibrated level until next calibration with proper BP measurements showing very different levels. For example upon starting medication BP dropped from 160/105 to 140/80, which watch did not register, but kept showing +100 diastole readings until next calibration. Same effect happens again as watch keeps showing below 80 dia BP, which was correct at time of calibration, but the actual BP is now closer to 90 dia as body is adapting to medicated state. It seems that this method watch uses, is very inaccurate, random allmost. 

Onelly23
Apprentice
Options

You do not get what the poster mean. From what I see, you don't have high blood pressure issue, so u will always get accurate result. But if paradventure your blood pressure rises above these numbers on the BP monitor, your watch will still read the same normal blood pressure, it won't reflect that you have high blood pressure. So like he said, the Samsung blood pressure feature is only accurate if you always have normal blood pressure. 

0 Likes