Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic 4 46mm Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 12-10-2021 06:00 AM)
martyn68
Explorer
Options

Hi all, had my upgrade last week and I have found the battery drain on this new 4 is poor and my 3 lasted nearly a week. I use it for time, alarms, notifications, health sensors and music controls. As I wear the watch to bed I need to have down time to charge it before I go to bed.

It has the latest firmware so any feedback would be appreciated. 
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
martyn68
Explorer
Options
Thank you, I will hang on for next couple of weeks to see if there are other options. I will then try the reset
0 Likes
martyn68
Explorer
Options

So new software downloaded on my Watch4 and S21+ and seems to be better

0 Likes
Marksurry
Student
Options

I have the 42mm variant and find the battery life means it lives on my bedside table more than my wrist.  It irritates me how poor it is and that charging from near empty takes around 1.5 hours.  Took it off charge this morning and went for a 30 minute run.  GPS and music streaming was used.  30 minutes after my run (total of 1 hour off the charger) my battery was down to 60%.  Love the watch but its poor battery performance leaves me wondering for how long.

0 Likes
martyn68
Explorer
Options
I agree I'm not happy at all, my previous Classic lasted days
0 Likes
evgenilalov
Journeyman
Options

Hey @GusB, which is your GW model - mm? Is it LTE? If so, I guess LTE is turned of, given your battery lasts around 2 days. I am really curious, even if your watch is BT version, how  you manage to reach ~2 days with WiFi and GPS on... 

0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
46mm Bluetooth classic, but my wife's standard 42mm Seems to equally do ok.

🤷
0 Likes