Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Changing Folder Location.

(Topic created on: 21-12-2018 04:05 PM)
Gareth56
Apprentice
Options

If you want to add tracks to your Watch 4G Is it possible to change the folder location.  At present the default location is the Samsung Music Folder on your Phone,  therefore is it possible to change this to one that you would like e.g. a folder on an SD card on the phone? 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
@Gareth56: You can move music from your internal storage to your SD card by going to Apps > Samsung (Folder) > My Files > Internal Storage > Tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > Edit > Select your Music Folder > Tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > Move > SD Card.
0 Likes
Gareth56
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@Gareth56: You can move music from your internal storage to your SD card by going to Apps > Samsung (Folder) > My Files > Internal Storage > Tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > Edit > Select your Music Folder > Tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > Move > SD Card.

Thank you Andrew I was able to move the music folder as dscribed.  One further question if I may?  Is it possible within the Samsung Music app to order the individual files in e.g. numerical order.  In one Playlist I've got 107 separate files labeled xx1,  xx2, xx3 up to xx107 however I can't see anyway to order them in numerical order within the Samsung Music app. so that when I transfer the tracks to the Watch 4G they play in numerical order.

Thanks

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
Although it is slightly time consuming, if you open the Samsung Music App > Swipe across to the Playlist Tab > Hit 'Create Playlist. Now, if you select the tracks in the order you want to hear them then they will appear in that order in the playlist. If this doesn't work then you may wish to rename the files as the filter options only sort by track name and artist, but not numbers. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
0 Likes
Gareth56
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Andrew. 😀

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Happy to help @Gareth56 :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Members_pwBTlPB
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Don't know whether correct to answer here or how to pose the question correctly. I have a problem, that is somehow similar, but different.

I sync my music files with nextcloud. As such the folder location of my music files is different (android/media/........) - but android wear app doesn't seem to find the music. How can I teach this app the proper location to search for my music???

profbib
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same question! Have you managed to find an answer on your own, @Members_pwBTlPB ?

0 Likes