Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get google pay to work on my watch

(Topic created on: 12-02-2022 10:55 AM)
Craig22
Apprentice
Options

So I got a watch 4 yesterday and after finally getting it to download apps it won't let me add my card on Google pay, works fine on my phone everything's up to date but each time I've gone to add my card so I can use the watch I just get couldn't finish setup. Am I missing something? I've cleared the cache and the data still nothing.

11 REPLIES 11
JohnW27
Pioneer
Options
My wife had the same problem on Thursday.
She had Google pay open on her phone, then opened it on the watch.

She tapped the add card button on her watch and the card she wanted automatically imported from the phone. But I do think she had to do it twice for it to work.

After that, she set up her top button double tap to open GP instead of Samsung pay.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Craig22
Apprentice
Options
Wish this worked for me 😂 doesn't matter how I try it keeps coming up the same for me
0 Likes
Bubblegumx
First Poster
Options

Bought the day before yesterday galaxy watch 4 classic after the software update does not work, too, Google pay can not add a card ((((.

0 Likes
Ivanzak
First Poster
Options

After updating the firmware, it is also not possible to add a credit card to gpay

0 Likes
Greig1
Apprentice
Options
I'm having exactly the same problem... I've tried loads of times, feel like throwing watch out the window
0 Likes
InToSSH
Journeyman
Options

You are not alone. We have been talking about this a lot recently. Right after the last FW update (EVA8) it's not possible to add any cards to GPay. If you have existing cards in your watch, they will keep working, but as soon as you reset your watch or want to add a new card, there is now way. We tried resetting, reinstalling, clearing cache, removing cards from account, nothing helps. We contacted Samsung and Google. Google haven't said anything yet. Samsung was first blaming Google, they they actually admitted that they know about the issue and are working on the fix. They haven't made any public announcement though. I know there can be bugs, but they should be quickly addressed and Samsung being quiet about this is really disappointing. 

Craig22
Apprentice
Options
I got a replacement earlier today and guy in the shop was like oh I've never seen this before! Clearly talking ***** gives how many post I've read on this so dissapointing I love the brand but having to reset then get a whole new replacement with zero compensation for time wasted is a joke for me
0 Likes
Members_Uabyak5
First Poster
Options

Same here, I have been onto Google live chat, Samsung live chat, Spome to the Samsung repair centre & call centre & I still have no fix

Craig22
Apprentice
Options
I've done the same as you but I just went into the place I bought it and demanded a replacement after 40 minutes of showing the issue to the person in store and soon enough got a replacement and made sure I set it up in store incase of any other issues but said to the guy it shouldn't be happening at all and he kept saying oh I've never seen this before ever severely dissapointed in this like
0 Likes