Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot update Watch Classic 4 - "Couldn't copy update Connect your watch to a wi-fi network, then try again." error message

(Topic created on: 30-09-2021 09:23 AM)
churchym
Journeyman
Options

Whenever I try to update my new Classic 4, I get an error saying 

I have tried to install and managed to download the update via the phone and also the watch, both ways say:

"Copying update to your watch..."

But after a few minutes I get a message saying:

"Couldn't copy update

Connect your watch to a wi-fi network, then try again."

My wifi is connected to the same network on the mobile and also the watch.

I have reset my watch a few times, I have also uninstalled all Samsung Wearable and Health apps and re-installed and for the last few days I have been trying to get this working and it has always failed.

Anyone else having this issue or got over this problem?

Go to solution
40 REPLIES 40
Shubhankar
Apprentice
Options

Yeah turn off BT and then using wifi from the watch download it there and update it. It just doesnt work if i try to use my phone to update my watch.

Yoga1
First Poster
Options

Disconnect watch from your phn., download the update in watch through WIFI & install it, ur job will be done. Have updated mine in the same fashion.

0 Likes
Fizz4980
First Poster
Options

Disconnecting bluetooth worked for me too, this was the initial update for my watch. Anyone knows if after that other updates will work normally or do you guys still have to turn off bluetooth? 

0 Likes
sskelA
Journeyman
Options

This - Disable phone bluetooth and download the update via wifi on your watch, worked for me

0 Likes
xer0w
First Poster
Options

Thanks to @Shubhankar  for posting the solution. Finally my watch can update to the latest software.

Can't believe Samsung still haven't fixed this bug after a year!

0 Likes
Fahim
First Poster
Options

Yes I'm facing that problem I've do 4 time but not working samsung must be solved it faster 

0 Likes
Darshil
First Poster
Options

Disconnect your watch from mobile and download  update on your watch issue is resolved ☺️

0 Likes
GalAlexi
Explorer
Options

On an android phone, if you are updating via Bluetooth you must make sure GPS is switched on.

Then it will update every time. This is an android thing, not a Samsung thing.

0 Likes
Antonasianne
First Poster
Options

Disable Bluetooth and connect ur watch to wifi and download directly it worked for me..

0 Likes
Gcovo
First Poster
Options

I tried disabling the Bluetooth connection to my watch on my phone first, still failed. Turned off Bluetooth on the watch and after 6 attempts which led me to this thread finally succeeded.  

0 Likes