Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot update Watch Classic 4 - "Couldn't copy update Connect your watch to a wi-fi network, then try again." error message

(Topic created on: 30-09-2021 09:23 AM)
churchym
Journeyman
Options

Whenever I try to update my new Classic 4, I get an error saying 

I have tried to install and managed to download the update via the phone and also the watch, both ways say:

"Copying update to your watch..."

But after a few minutes I get a message saying:

"Couldn't copy update

Connect your watch to a wi-fi network, then try again."

My wifi is connected to the same network on the mobile and also the watch.

I have reset my watch a few times, I have also uninstalled all Samsung Wearable and Health apps and re-installed and for the last few days I have been trying to get this working and it has always failed.

Anyone else having this issue or got over this problem?

Go to solution
40 REPLIES 40
Stevieg75
First Poster
Options

Still have the same issue anyone managed to sort this?

Qorry Marzuki
First Poster
Options

I'm on Galaxy watch 4 classic, it's 2022 and I still have the same issue. Right now I'm currently connects it to OnePlus 6T

0 Likes
Shubhankar
Apprentice
Options

The fix to this is you have to turn Bluetooth off from the watch settings then using wifi download the update. Samsung should look into this it was very frustating.

Kkyk
First Poster
Options

This is exactly what worked for me! Thank you very much for finding it out 🙏🏻

0 Likes
mrdomsx
First Poster
Options

Yessssss, Exactly!

0 Likes
ironmanstittsville
First Poster
Options

@Shubhankar  , thanks for posting this. I was getting nowhere solving this problem until you shared the above. I just turned off Bluetooth on my phone (so that the watch only had Wifi to download the update) and then I used the watch to download and install the firmware update.

What a hassle. I wish that I didn't have to work so hard for this simple update process.

firemedic3643
First Poster
Options

Thank you for this solution. I have tried for 2 weeks to figure this out on  my own. You are a life saver. Seems Samsung would make it easier to do this. Becoming less and less impressed with Samsung the more I use them.

Shubhankar
Apprentice
Options

Cheers

Reeceroyce215
First Poster
Options

Hi, please can you explain how to do this, i turned off bluetooth now my watch and phone have been disconnected and refuses to proceed so how to go about it, please tell

0 Likes
Raghava1
First Poster
Options

Try This Method its Working.

Thank You.😊

0 Likes