Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot update Watch 5 Pro FW to rev "... AVH6"

(Topic created on: 06-09-2022 10:11 PM)
Flashfox_Prime
First Poster
Options

I have a Watch 5 Pro and a Galaxy S21 Ultra. They are working fine BUT the Watch 5 Pro cannot get the watch's current FW update rev "...AVH6" (103.24 MB).

All I see is "Copying update to your watch..." on the phone and "Copying update..." on the watch, but it always fails after a few minutes with this message on the Watch 5 Pro: "Couldn't copy the software update to your watch. Try again later". I have been trying for a week and here are things I did:

- I rebooted the watch (several times)

- I rebooted the phone (several times)

- I tried from the phone, and then tried from the watch

- Wi-Fi and BT connection is activated on the watch and phone. 

What am I missing here?

Why is the FW update for the watch continuously failing?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I read a post earlier and someone was having the same problem and they forced stop the galaxy watch plugin when the update was copying.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/x74olj/unable_to_update_gets_stuck_at_copying_to_the/?...
0 Likes
Troly
First Poster
Options

I updated on watch 5, successful

0 Likes
LENGINEER
First Poster
Options

It is May 2023, and Samsung still not fixing this issue.

We got 1 smartwatch 5 Pro LTE,  and three 44mm LTE smartwatch 5's... ALL our phones are new SAMSUNG.

I can tell you that it is a superbly annoying issue; the watches update, SOMEHOW, after days and days, of swithing BT and WIFI on and off, pairing, unpairing, shutting off and doing it all over again!

The cherry on top of the samsung's NASTY CAKE is that if you begin the process from your SAMSUNG phone, then, the message on the smartwatch will forever be: You started to update on your phone, please go to your phone and continue!

PLease Samsung!!!, PLEASE!

0 Likes