Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update galaxy watch 2

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 04:35 PM)
Kewk
First Poster
Options

Have a galaxy watch 2. As soon as it connects to my phone the wearable app constantly, and over and over again, says "couldn't copy software update to watch". If I try to update it from the app it never succeeds. 1 in 10 attempts it starts to copy to the watch but it fails after 0.6 or 1.2mb out of the 60mb update. I have tried resetting my watch, reinstalling the apps and plugins, turned off auto management of said app and plugins. Nothing works. Even if the app asks if it should try again and I say no, it keeps trying over and over. This problem renders my phone unusable if I want to have my watch connected to it. What is left to do, throw away the watch? 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@Kewk: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Please can you try uninstalling the Galaxy Wearable app, along with any plugins, and disconnecting the watch from your phone. Now, on the watch itself, connect to a Wi-Fi network via Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi, then head to Settings > General > Update Watch Software, to see if you can complete the update in this manner. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes