Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install anything on my Gear S3

(Topic created on: 11-11-2019 09:26 AM)
lI_SimoHahya_Il
First Poster
Options

I always had difficulty install applications and watch faces on my Gear S3, however laterly it has become impossible.

Either I try from my watch, or my phone (BT or WiFi), I am getting timeout errors, or that my watch is not connected. However, this is not true, as I have my watch data, backup, etc, and on my watch, I can connect to the store and browse. But when it comes to installing anything, it hungs, and never complets it.

Until recently, I was able to do so, via BT, but now even this, takes forever and does not complete.

Phone: iPhone XS 64GB

Watch: Samsung Galaxy Gear S3

One UI: 1.0

Tizen: 4.0.0.4

Software: R760XXU2ESF2

App version: 1.9.19101102

btw: I am having zero issues with Samsung Health app

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
lI_SimoHahya_Il
First Poster
Options

Great support... I will think twice next time I want to buy a Samsung product...

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @lI_SimoHahya_Il. This isn't Customer Support, this is the Community where everyone can chip in with their experiences (as nobody has replied, I can only assume that they are unable to help). For a more immediate and quick response, our Customer Support can be reached on 03307 267 864 or through Facebook/ Twitter. 

As you are using an iPhone, I'm limited in the support I can provide regarding that. Are your apps and software up to date? Have you done a Factory Reset on your watch to see if this resolves the issue?

0 Likes
lI_SimoHahya_Il
First Poster
Options

@CarlH wrote:

This isn't Customer Support, this is the Community where everyone can chip in with their experiences (as nobody has replied, I can only assume that they are unable to help). 

Are your apps and software up to date? Have you done a Factory Reset on your watch to see if this resolves the issue?

Other companies, have support stuff monitoring the forums and reply to issues that users are unable to solve. That companies include Microsoft, Apple, LG, etc. I was expecting the same from Samsung, but seems I am asking too much.

Yes, all my software is up to date, as I have nothing installed, apart from 4 watch faces. Also my phone has latest versions of OS and Samsung apps.

I did a factory reset as you suggested, and these are the results:

1. Managed to connect to Galaxy Watch  and upload 2 skins.

2. Cannot connect to Samsung Health anymore (previously wasn't an issue)

3. My battery drains in less than 12 hours!!! I have GPS, WiFi swithced off, only BT is on.

So, now things are worse than before.

0 Likes
iOSTriXFixX
Explorer
Options

Hey you can also check your location and language settings and make sure they are set right. Go to iOS settings→ General→ Language & Region. Sometimes incorrect settings can cause such issues.

0 Likes