Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't seem to sync / pair my galaxy buds Pro no matter what.

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 12:18 AM)
LeBobJr
Student
Options
Hi all, I really hope someone can help me. Bought the s21 ultra and received the buds Pro with them. Great I thought, let's get them paired up.

Open the box and the pairing mode starts automatically. Awesome. But what's this? It gives me 2x options, either pair the left or the right bud but not both of them at the same time. Hmmm, okay, works probably as intended. Let's try this. Oh what's this now? They show as separate buds under Wear with their own icon and I only hear through either left or right? Also, there is an update which can't be applied as they are shown as separate buds in Wear and not together. I tried to re-pair them over and over, in different sequence, discharged and recharged them, paired then through the Bluetooth app and with Wear and it's always the same, the buds never pair with one another. IT'S SOOO FRUSTRATING. 

Even if following the steps, I start registering one side, I get interrupted halfway through as it throws another new buds found pop up at me. If I cancel that and finish the other pairing = one bud. If I accept that pairing, the first one gets interrupted and = now only opposite bud is synced. If I then add the other bud via Wear, it is being treated as a different bud altogether and never linked with the other side. 

I'm geeky, I know my stuff and dealt with other Bluetooth headsets before but never ran into an issue like that. It literally drives me insane as I can't even say what the error is, if it's me and I'm just stupid or if the buds are faulty and simply don't sync with one another. 

Maybe someone else can help me? 

And yes, I tried watching videos online etc. It doesn't help that the only way to force pairing is via opening the box as the buds themselves have no buttons. 

5 REPLIES 5
Vetri
Voyager
Options
run the software update for s21 as well as buds via galaxy wearable app and you should be good to go. buds pro is a massive step up
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@LeBobJr @Vetri 

wow!!! lovely devices you've got 😍

as a fix,

try coupling the buds first

(Touch and hold both earbuds for seven seconds or more. pg. 42)

check for newer Wearables app software in Play Store

try connecting again the buds with phone, pg. 14

manual link

cheers 😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

LeBobJr
Student
Options
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. There was an update for the OS indeed but that didn't change anything. Buds still can be only found single and they don't link with one another.

This also means that I can't update them as they need to be active and show in Wearables at the same time which I just can't do.

Di I will just wait for another update. Maybe I just got some faulty ones :(.
0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@LeBobJr 

try putting the defunct bud only inside the case to charge further then try pairing again

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Ibym
Apprentice
Options
I am also having a similar issue. My buds worked fine but when I entered a call the left bud stops working and being shown as connected. I had to do a reset and repair and reboot of device evertime this happened.

However now its not working at all -_-
0 Likes