Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive or make calls on watch 5

(Topic created on: 31-08-2022 04:47 PM)
footsy
Journeyman
Options

Hi. I now have the new Samsung watch 5. All is good apart from I cant make or receive calls without having my phone on me (so when I leave the house I have to take my phone with me.  A bit pointless!)   I have a galaxy S21 plus 5G and I have Ver 12. So can't think this would be a reason for it not to work.  I've contacted the mobile provider (o2) and they've checked everything and say the settings are OK and samsung say the same (but they will replace my watch but don't think that's the issue as its brand new)

The o2 shop have a 5G bolt on that can't come off (they've tried) could this be the issue or have I missed a very important check box somewhere on the watch or phone.? I have updated all software (which there wasn't any). 
I haved checked the esim is on my mobile phone and it is.. It's becoming frustrating 
Does anyone else have this problem?
I have two Google accounts but can't see that this is the issue? Or could it be? I have moved my sim card (physical card into sim 1 as it was in sim2 and thought this could be causing an issue but no) 
 Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated TIA
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
footsy
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for this. It's been driving me mad
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Try turning airplane mode on & off on watch
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Vodaphone do aswell
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
I take your watch is Lte ? Not just Bluetooth?
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
BRobert
First Poster
Options

I have a Watch 5 Pro LTE without eSIM card, but if I turn on Wifi, but turn off Bluetooth, I cant answer a call, or take it. What can I do?

0 Likes
mumsy1968
First Poster
Options
I bought the same phone on Saturday and I couldn't received calls or make calls everything else was fine, nobody could help so phones going back
0 Likes
Karene1
Apprentice
Options

I have a solution that worked for me, but the T-Mobile Technical Support Agent says the fix may be different for different phone setups.  I just returned from T-Mobile to get a solution to the problem of not being able to call away from my phone.  I have a Note 20 Ultra 5G.  I first spent time with a level one T Mobile customer service agent to confirm all the parameters of the watch were good.   Then got passed to a higher tech level of support.  The T-Mobile Tech Support agent out of Albuquerque said they just learned how to fix this problem by accident.  According to him, the WiFi  on the watch interfers with the LTE signal.  We turned off the bluetooth on my phone and turned off the WiFI on the Watch 5 and attempted a phone call which was successful.  He said the Wifi on the watch is really not that necessary and eats up the battery.  But now my Watch 5 can make and receive calls away from my phone.   There is nothing about this in the User Manual for the Galaxy Watch5.  But I was also told by the T-Mobile rep, that sometimes, the watch is not properly set up from the beginining.   My husband has the same problem with being able to use the Watch5 as a phone.  But the same fix that worked for me did not resolve the problem with him.  He has a Galaxy Note 20, so I will call tech support again to try and get his watch working.  Hope this helps some people.

Karene1
Apprentice
Options

One more thing.  I hope Samsung addresses this problem.   I love the Watch5 and the reason I got it was for the  phone capability.  The T-Mobile Tech Support says he gets about 5 - 6 calls a day about this problem.

0 Likes
Paul1919
Student
Options
Shearing my experience with watch 5 pro.
Same here everything working but no calls and text to make. UNTIL TODAY.
What I did and after watch started to make and reseave calls: after I setup in phone settings (uploading pictures ) reset watch and phone. In Watch Disconnected WiFi and open Google apps store and download watch face ( just to see any response that watch receiving data) and yes download successfully installed. After 1 attempt to make phone call and bingo success. And receiving to.
I m not IT but my guess watch after data transfer was activated.
Good luck.Screenshot_20230216_202308_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpgScreenshot_20230216_202237_Call & text on other devices.jpgScreenshot_20230216_202227_Settings.jpg
Members_Fuh9BnB
First Poster
Options

Thanks Karene1, this worked 100%. As much as I loved the watch, I was ready to return it. I was literally on the phone with O2 and very upset with them as they couldn't find any working solution for me. I tried this and it worked, but as soon as I got back home and the watch automatically connected to the WiFi, the call on the watch dropped off, so now I am constantly reminding and reciting to myself like a nursery rhyme "WiFi off on the Watch, Bluetooth off on the phone". I think if forget to turn off the Bluetooth on the phone, the watch will not work when i am out and about. Still not ideal, just need to remember to do this if I am leaving home without my phone.

0 Likes