Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can I wear Watch 4 on my dominant hand?

(Topic created on: 21-10-2022 12:34 PM)
Members_tulVpZE
Journeyman
Options

I've searched to see if anyone has already asked this and can't find anything.

I've just got a Galaxy watch 4, as a replacement for my Fitbit Charge 4. I'm impressed with it except for one thing.

I can find a setting for whether I want to wear it on my left or right hand but no option to say whether this is my dominant hand or not. Typically I guess you should wear it on your non-dominant hand but I'm left handed and would still prefer my watch on my left.

Is it going to hugely overcount exercise? Or is the difference negligible?

Fitbit has an option for dominant hand wearing. How come the supposedly more sophisticated Watch 4 doesn't have this option. Is it likely to come in a future software update?

I've tried wearing watches and fitness trackers on my right (non dominant) hand before and it's just wrong. Feels completely alien to me. Even trying to fasten the strap is fiddly.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
if you go into the watch app and open settings and scroll down to general then tap that and scroll down to orientation then you will see the option to change the wrist and buttons. hope this helps you.
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Yep it's available to change
There are YouTube videos as well if you need see how it's done

Members_tulVpZE
Journeyman
Options

Thank you but this isn't what I was asking. Yes I know I can change the orientation to wear on my right hand but my question was about wearing it on my dominant (left) hand.

Members_tulVpZE
Journeyman
Options

Thank you but this isn't what I was asking. I know I can change the orientation to wear on my right hand but my question was about wearing it on my dominant (left) hand. I don't want it to overcount steps. Fitbit has a left or right setting but also a dominant/non-dominant setting. This is what I was looking for.

0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
OKkk get it... This is what I have been shouting as well.. Or kind of.. Because my Galaxy Watch 5 says it is PRO, pro in general sense.. Bigger, better and top of the class with everything.. But unfortunately when it comes to some fitness/strength training (even basic of the basics) this Pro can't do..he is like a school boy rather than a PRO, So there is nothing call Dominant or nondominat within the settings.. With Galaxy unfortunately
Members_tulVpZE
Journeyman
Options

I'm testing it out at the moment, wearing both my Fitbit and Galaxy. Wearing Fitbit on right, non dominant and Galaxy on left dominant. So far the Fitbit it still counting WAY more steps. So hopefully this means the Galaxy is more accurate or at least isn't overcounting.

0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
I was a fitbit guy, when I did treadmill running, it used give me 10km however the real was 7km, fitbit is little more generous 😀😀
Members_tulVpZE
Journeyman
Options

Seems to be a lot more generous. I'm currently on 4800 on Galaxy and 6000 on Fitbit (Having a lazy day at home. On a work day Fitbit was almost double the Galaxy. Might explain how I haven't been able to lose weight using the readings from Fitbit. So even if I wear my Galaxy on my dominant hand it should still be more accurate.

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
To give the due respect, Galaxy watch 5 pro almost 100% Correct when it comes Treadmill running (this is a hard Area to measure as going without GPS)

Galaxy watch 5 pro has a very good hardware, unfortunately desperately poor Samsung health App is pushing it down or making it worthless
0 Likes