Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I receive/send sms message on a Galaxy Watch 4 classic when my phone is turned off?

(Topic created on: 26-09-2021 01:53 AM)
Aide199
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I have a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and a Fold 3 with Vodafone - I have Vodafone one number setup. I can make and receive calls on my watch if my phone is turned off nut I can’t receive/send sms messages if my phone is turned off.

so the question I have is, can I receive/send message on my watch when my phone is not near me or is turned off?

thanks in advance

13 REPLIES 13
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
From what you wrote your watch is a cellular version with Vodafone... if everything has activated properly then your watch should make and receive calls and SMS with your phone number, even if phone is away from you or powered off.

I can only speak from experience using older smart watches.
0 Likes
paolomario
Pioneer
Options
I'm with O2. I've got GW4C LTE, but I can't make any calls nor send text-messages from my watch if my phone is not connected to internet. If I want to leave it home it needs to be on and connected to internet. More, if I send a message or make a call my GW4 gets quickly overheated and it gets into Flight Mode. I can forget about using Google Maps because it asks to connect to the smartphone. Then again, it gets overheated. Looks like I'm stuck with another contract for ma smartwatch LTE and it's completely useless (with O2 you get separate number but only for data that can be used to connect to your smartphone if you leave it home for phone-calls or sending messages. You can't use data to stream music or so). I don't know how it is with Vodafone. You're lucky that you can make phone-calls through your galaxy watch when your phone is off. I know that in the USA they've got something called "sharing number" between few devices. Also, I watched a video where some man in Germany could make phone calls, send messages and use Google Maps without any problems even when he left his phone off home.
0 Likes
Nic90
Journeyman
Options

I'm literally having the same problem. Vodafone told me I should be able to send texts when the phone is off and are resetting something. Im to try again in 24 hours. Pain in the neck!

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
If you both have service that the network cannot provide then complaints need to be made to the networks with everything noted / logged and if you have gone all the way without success then you can escalate to the ombudsman to see whether they're breaching the contracts. If this is the case, you can leave the contracts without penalties.
0 Likes
Aide199
Explorer
Options
Hi, any joy?
0 Likes
Nic90
Journeyman
Options
Nope still can only make calls when off
0 Likes
Aide199
Explorer
Options
Yeah, same here - I've given up with it now
Nic90
Journeyman
Options
Me too. My phone rarely runs out of battery but I just wanted to get full use of it since it's not a cheap watch...and i'm having to pay Vodafone an extra £7 a month to use the 4g. I actually grudge it cause I find I always miss out on their "deals" 😂
Nic90
Journeyman
Options
Did yours say connect to Bluetooth and try again when trying to send a text when phone is off?
0 Likes