Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories not tracked correctly - Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 08:41 PM)
Melina_
First Poster
Options

Hi Everyone, 

I have issues recording the calories burned correctly while working out with my Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2. I usually choose 'circular training' on my watch when I am doing my home workouts and the calories I seem to burn are always the same related to the time (also they seem quite low). Apparently the pulse is not taken into account as the watch always shows the same amount of calories burnt e.g. it is always 124 calories after 30 minutes no matter how intense or not intense my workout was and no matter how high or low my pulse is. And before anyone asks - my pulse is tracked during the whole workout, the watch just does not seem to take it into account. 

Did anyone have similar issues and knows what might be the problem? 

Thanks for any help, 

Melina

6 REPLIES 6
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
hey, ive asked this question as well but no answers, I can go on a 2000 footstep walk and I've burned according to samsung health 1700 footsteps or so which is impossible for such little movement, a fix would be great
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options
I have the same issue. I do spinning 3 times a week for about 45 to 50 minutes a time. my heart rate is usually in the 160's and higher but for the duration of the workout it says I burn betweek 380 and 420 calories. that's way under the calory burn I expect from the effort of the workout. The way Samsung calculate calories burned is so unbelievably wrong. Hope it gets sorted soon
0 Likes
TaksMara
First Poster
Options

Hi Melina. Did you ever find a solution? If I do a 30 min workout it always show 189 calories and an hour is always double that, 379 calories. For over a year now has never shown a different figure.

0 Likes
Mistina
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, 30 min in, no matter the intensity.....176 calories..

anyone find a solution?

0 Likes
Ak4
Pioneer
Options

I've had this issue with the galaxy active 2, turns out the workouts that are not running/walking all have preprogrammed calories burned. I've asked for this to be put on the website so people who require fitness tracking do not get sucked into buying a Samsung watch.

I dm'd Samsung help UK and this was the response:

Good afternoon! Thanks for reaching out to us. We just want to clear up that they aren't pre-programmed calories that are burnt. Certain workouts, like walking and running for example, will take into account your heart rate, along with the stats given on your Samsung Health Profile. There are some workouts that will not utilise the heart rate, but will take in to account your Samsung Health Profile and Basal Metabolic Rate. So they are tailored to you, providing your profile is accurate, but you are right, some workouts don't use the Heart Rate Monitor.

If there are certain workouts you feel could be improved, we suggest sending in your feedback through Error Reports on our Samsung Members app. That way, this will be sent over to our Research and Development team for review. ^JS

I've reported it a billion times for it to be changed on the website and maybe update the watch but apparently it's been that way since the watches existed. Better get a fitbit or apple watch for better calories tracking

Nikster
First Poster
Options

I am shocked at their reply - I have just sent my watch for repairs as they insisted. It is now on it's way back to me. Apparently my heart rate sensor was not working, so they changed out the printed circuit board assembly - which makes no sense to me. I wasn't given any notes of repair, I had to consult through the chat feature. 
I have a feeling this will not fix the issue of the preprogrammed calories burned. And this is a common theme I am reading on the Samsung Community forums. Even when I quoted the information to the Samsung Support Team - they pretended like it was a non-issue. And that they can't rely on this discussion board. Ridiculous. 
I will be asking for a refund. I am sorely displeased at a $400 product that can't do the one thing it's supposed to accurately measure.