Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned on Galaxy Watch 3 seem wrong

(Topic created on: 02-06-2021 03:25 PM)
Hdr0987
Student
Options

Hi hoping someone can help. Every time i use the circuit option when using my Galaxy watch 3 to measure my circuit training it always takes exactly 17 minutes to show that I have burned 104 calories. Even if my heart rate is low or high it's always exactly 104 calories at 17 minutes. My weight data is correct, the workout seems to capture my heart rate throughout the session (average 125-180bpm) and looks like it's working off that but even if I was stretching using the stretching option and my heart rate was at +80bmp it always says 17 minutes 104 calories....this has got to be wrong. Every update has been applied but it just seems really s*** at capturing real data. Regret giving up my Fitbit!

Screen_20210531_100039.png

Screen_20210531_091702.png

5 REPLIES 5
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I've had problems with mine in the past it has been a poor investment but perhaps opposite to you it has improved as of late but I don't 'excercise' lol. I've just got a job that can be physically demanding and it registers workouts usually once a day. Seems our heart rates would be in similar ranges at times. Let me check what mine says, if I find where.
0 Likes
Hdr0987
Student
Options

Thank you! I tried again today in two separate 17min sessions and lo and behold 104 calories! With the heart ready kept steady on the lower or higher end...so ive spent a tonne of money on a watch and not a health tracker lol

Screen_20210531_100039.png

Screen_20210531_091702.png

Greeneyedgal
Pioneer
Options
The software only uses your HR when walking/running all other exercises will give you a calorie burn calculated on your height, weight and age info you put in samsung health, so you'll get the same number regardless of effort as it doesn't use your heart rate data for exercise other than walking and running.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Seems a bit odd to calculate an estimate for only 2 activities and not all? Is there an explanation why?
Greeneyedgal
Pioneer
Options
This is from another post about calories burnt with a reply from samsung on it explaining how that calculate cals burned for exercises, but if they can use HR for walking and running I don't see why they can't do it for all exercises!! This was a deal breaker for me and I ended up selling my Samsung galaxy watch 3 and moving over to another brand.clipboard_image_1623063543421.jpg