What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calories burned gone - another disappointed user

(Topic created on: 10-04-2021 08:52 AM)
Options
creating yet another thread about this as samsung's twitter help page has said this is the thing to do...

after the latest update I can no longer see the total calories burned widget on my galaxy watch active. 

this is literally a watch to measure activity -_- what sense does it make to remove it?? just say it was a mistake and bring it back please. 
9 REPLIES 9
MN92
Apprentice
Options
Exactly! It's absolutely ridiculous. I've posted on another thread here. This move literally renders the watch useless to me. I wouldn't mind if they would let you customise the health summary to the things you track, instead of forcing me to the ones they have chosen (why do I care about your unreliable stress meter!)

I really hope this feedback kicks them into touch
nic856
Apprentice
Options
Same issue here, absolutely ridiculous!
Rachael77
Journeyman
Options
It's absolutely ridiculous. Have they missed calorie deficit is all anyone is talking about these days who is trying to lose weight... the one feature that let you make sure your TDEE was correct is gone. I'll going back to fit bit
Sayre75
First Poster
Options
Totally agree... I don't care about UV levels, I care about calories burnt. Very disappointed!
MN92
Apprentice
Options
I fixed the issue, I went and bought a Garmin 🤣. It has everything I could want in terms of body information. It's functionality for gym workouts is also way better than Samsung health 👌 👌
Rachael77
Journeyman
Options
Yeah UV monitor....erm thanks....I'm in Scotland.....that monitor really isn't needed
aih
Student
Options
Same here. Not having the calories burned widget diminishes the point of having a fitness watch.
0 Likes
Gibbo201
Journeyman
Options
Agreed. Thinking about buying a Garmon now.
0 Likes
SonicUth70
Journeyman
Options

I just posted something similar just a couple of minutes ago since I am a new user. Just bought the Watch 3 and this is the first major flaws I am discovering. Is it really true that this a conscious decision by Samsung to remove the overall calorie burn tracking???? What on earth should someone do that on an activity tracker? This goes beyond any logic, albeit I would be interested to understand is there's a logical explanation issues by Samsung about this?

The lack of an overview of the burned calories might even be a reason to return the watch. I had a Fitbit Versa 2. Fitbit has the crappiest hardware that breaks every 4 months or so (the reason I wanted to switch to the Galaxy Watch 3) but it really was good in providing insight calorie burning and other sort of information. So far, that part beats Samsung Health by a light year.

I am still waiting to return in some kind of a hope that Samsung will provide a solution (come one, this is a activity tracker/smart watch...its BASIC function should include calorie burn tracking!!).

Am reading that people are considering Garmin because they do have these options? Which Garmin watches have you been considering?

0 Likes