Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calaroies estimation not correct

(Topic created on: 20-07-2020 07:28 AM)
GalaxyW12
Student
Options

Just bought the Galaxy watch and was very disappointed to see the Calaroies burned section. I had taken absolute no action and it showed Calaroies burned as 1017. I'm sure this bug is being looked at. But quite disappointing after having a good experience with the S3 Gear. Thanks 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
HelenC100
Explorer
Options
I think it's giving you an estimate for the day so far based on your height and weight. Mine's at 446 having just woken up, which sounds about right with a quarter of the day gone while I was asleep!
GalaxyW12
Student
Options

Thanks for the clarification. Was just taken a back by the Est Calaroies. It was on charge and once I wore it it showed 1017 Kcal, with 183cm and 96 weight. Will see how it progresses while doing actual activity. 

0 Likes
Marianna8
First Poster
Options

@GalaxyW12 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Was just taken a back by the Est Calaroies. It was on charge and once I wore it it showed 1017 Kcal, with 183cm and 96 weight. Will see how it progresses while doing actual activity. 

0 Likes
Marianna8
First Poster
Options

Hello, I've just joined as I think my Galxy Fit is underestimating calories  .I'm  averaging 13,000 steps a day ,including a brisk treadmill walk every morning yet the most calories I've ever burned is 1400 ! It's  not a great deal less when I haven't moved around much ! I'm  quite petite ,48kg and 152 cm tall and have entered these details..Could this be the reason?

0 Likes
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
the calories burned is awful too, it told me I burned over 1500 calories with 2000 footsteps which is impossible, you would have to do near 40000 footsteps to get this result
0 Likes
GalaxyW12
Student
Options
On the contrary when I installed Samsung Health on the phone, it shows 1,371 Calaroies burned, *from activity 21Kcal* the only activity was 0.28Km walk. So I guess, a work around is to get the correct Calaroies count via linking Samsung Health on the phone.
0 Likes
Marianna8
First Poster
Options

Di you mean add weight, height etc on Samsung Health? I've  done that and according to it I'm  hardly burning anything! I might as well become a couch potato!

0 Likes
Marianna8
First Poster
Options
Something isn't quite right somewhere!
0 Likes