Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burnt by Galaxy watch4

(Topic created on: 07-10-2022 03:45 PM)
KweenKi
Journeyman
Options

This is my 2nd galaxy watch (my first one was the Gear2) and I've loved most things about it (except for the lack of selection for fashion band replacements) until about 2 days ago when began experiencing pain and stinging under the watch face on my left wrist.  Upon removing the watch I noticed a decent sized red patch, swelling and what looked to me like a burn mark. As I examined the top of my wrist it dawned on me that I've had my watch on fire at least 2.5 days at that time and there wouldn't be any other way to become injured or burnt underneath the watch. I wear the watch on the first hole as my wrist are tiny and I like the fit to be snug (but not too tight)  so there isn't much room at all between the back of the watch and my skin.  In disbelief I tried to test any way that something could have gotten under there but there is no way anything could fit aside from water. Also I am right-handed so my left wrist wouldn't be in a position to become injured normally as I use my dominant hand to do most things. As I am racking my brain I decide to Google search of you can be burnt by a galaxy watch and I was shocked and in disbelief to read many many stories and articles about that exactly. I am Samsung brand loyal so reading things like that weren't what I was expecting at all. But I strongly believe that is what burnt me as there is no other possible explanation. I would like some advice and help with a solution. I love the watch and the convenience the watch provides but I am scared to wear it now.  It's been sitting on my watch stand for 2 days now until I figure out what to do and the burn heals. The photo attached is from today 10.05.22. I awoke to the pain under my watch on Monday 10.01.22 and as you can see the spot of my injury is still very red and swollen and painful to the touch. There was a bubble in the center of the spot, as you normally get after your skin is burned, which has now burst leaving an open wound on my wrist now. I pray it heals soon and does not leave a noticing

20221006_020614.jpg

  

20221006_110641.jpg

•  newest phot from 10.06.22
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
AM4N
Voyager
Options
Bro wants some compensation 😅
0 Likes
KweenKi
Journeyman
Options

Bro?? That would be Mrs. and yeah sure why not. I've spent a couple hundred on a watch that I am afraid to wear and I may have a permanent scar to remind me of it. So I don't see where compensation would be out of line.  It could be compensation of any kind it could be credits on my Samsung account it could be a new pair of headphones it could be a new phone case for my Samsung phone anything that's conversation and a apology in heartfelt apology and accountability that's compensation as well so I don't know what you're trying to get at but yeah compensation I don't think would be bad at all

0 Likes
KweenKi
Journeyman
Options

Lol 😆  no worries you just made me burst out laughing. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@KweenKi: Further to the above, if you're based in the US then please reach out to the support team in your region via the link below, and an advisor will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes
ijallow
Explorer
Options
This has happened to millions of people me included. I am almost certain they have changed my profile so we can't create a group. Would you be interested in discussing this in a group?
0 Likes