Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burnt by Galaxy watch4

(Topic created on: 06-10-2022 04:19 PM)
KweenKi
Journeyman
Options

This is my 2nd galaxy watch (my first one was the Gear2) and I've loved most things about it (except for the lack of selection for fashion band replacements) until about 2 days ago when began experiencing pain and stinging under the watch face on my left wrist.  Upon removing the watch I noticed a decent sized red patch, swelling and what looked to me like a burn mark. As I examined the top of my wrist it dawned on me that I've had my watch on fire at least 2.5 days at that time and there wouldn't be any other way to become injured or burnt underneath the watch. I wear the watch on the first hole as my wrist are tiny and I like the fit to be snug (but not too tight)  so there isn't much room at all between the back of the watch and my skin.  In disbelief I tried to test any way that something could have gotten under there but there is no way anything could fit aside from water. Also I am right-handed so my left wrist wouldn't be in a position to become injured normally as I use my dominant hand to do most things. As I am racking my brain I decide to Google search of you can be burnt by a galaxy watch and I was shocked and in disbelief to read many many stories and articles about that exactly. I am Samsung brand loyal so reading things like that weren't what I was expecting at all. But I strongly believe that is what burnt me as there is no other possible explanation. I would like some advice and help with a solution. I love the watch and the convenience the watch provides but I am scared to wear it now.  It's been sitting on my watch stand for 2 days now until I figure out what to do and the burn heals. The photo attached is from today 10.05.22. I awoke to the pain under my watch on Monday 10.01.22 and as you can see the spot of my injury is still very red and swollen and painful to the touch. There was a bubble in the center of the spot, as you normally get after your skin is burned, which has now burst leaving an open wound on my wrist now. I pray it heals soon and does not leave a noticing

20221006_020614.jpg

  

20221006_110641.jpg

•  newest phot from 10.06.22
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would get in contact with Support and get this issues addressed asap

I am not Samsung or work for them but I am sure they take these issue very seriously
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I know sometimes if worn for extended periods, and worn reasonably tightly. If the back of the Watch hasn't been cleaned for some period, you can get issues with bacteria growth.
I always clean my watch if not once a day, but at most every couple of days.
If you find that the watch is getting hot. Definitely get in touch with Samsung Customer Support and have it looked into
DannyT
Options

Hey there, @KweenKi. It would be a good idea for us to look into this with you. 

Are you based in the UK or IE? If so, please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Welcome to the Community!

A-FAST-ASSISTsimple
Pathfinder
Options
Now that is something terrible and is dangerous to be a thing
KweenKi
Journeyman
Options

Hello, 

Thank you for the speedy response. I am located in the US. Should I still use the link you've sent? 

0 Likes
KweenKi
Journeyman
Options

Yeah it is.  Also it is s very exposed area, susceptible to becoming infected due to the location. But it's really soured my taste for the watch at this point. 

0 Likes
KweenKi
Journeyman
Options

Will do. Thank you for the advice

0 Likes
KweenKi
Journeyman
Options

Yes I am aware of that and for that reason like you I clean my watch regularly along with my galaxy buds and phone. I also have a UV sanitizer. So o do work to avoid issues with bacteria growth. I learned this from getting acrylic nails and moisture getting trapped under the fake nail causing my natural nail to become bright green.  But thank you for your advice 

0 Likes
A-FAST-ASSISTsimple
Pathfinder
Options
Report it to samsung just like people did with that explosive phone the note