Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burned by Samsung

(Topic created on: 22-07-2022 09:35 AM)
hamiltonggs
Explorer
Options

IMG_20220720_195428.png

 I got me a Samsung Galaxy 4 watch to help monitor my heart,woke up last night feeling my wrist was burning so bad,I automatically took it off and had a bubbly blister burn ,1rst degree doc says, then I called Verizon I eas told I can return it but will have to pay for it regardless,im like say what,I get a pretty sever burn from the watch and I gotta pay,I asked if they're any other burns such as mine,i was told absolutely not,then got hung up on, I purchased a laptop, Samsung,the one that can bend, touchscreen with stylus and received a $200 plane jane laptop, which im able to return and get a refund,customer service needs 2 treat customers w/ respect not like oh well! #burnedbySG4watch#stillburns

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27
iamcraiggg
First Poster
Options
A first degree burn is a very mild burn, & from looking at your picture, it doesn't even look like that. It looks like a mild friction burn, which I've had myself from wearing a smart watch to bed & lying on my arm/moving in my sleep/having the strap too tight...

I can appreciate that it hurts & isn't nice, but you not being able to return your watch is nothing to do with Samsung. Sounds like your contract is with Verizon, so if you have a problem with your contract &/or customer service, this isn't the place to be airing your grievances
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
This is a very simple allergic reaction, possibly the strap was too tight and your skin had no space to "breath" so it normally creates an itchy sensation /your skin was hot and sweaty
I think it was a waste of trip to the doc and the language your doc used "first degrees burn" is bit over the top
Plan
Wash and clean
Give bit of breathing space
Change the strap to a different material

You can live happily ever after ❤️👋👋
hamiltonggs
Explorer
Options

Umm excuse you¿For you to say it's not a burn, i went to Verizon store and yes ots a burn looks worse today,

IMG_20220721_185051.png

 ok so your saying its not a burn or its a allergic reaction, Hello its a burn blister! The lady at the Verizon store even aknowedeged it was a burn along with my local E.R ,its worse today than yesterday,If im going to be talked to like a liar or child shame on you that's VERY RUDE & unprofessional, I woke up to my wrist BURNING HOT 🔥@4A.M THET BACK OF WATCH WAS HOT TO THE TOUCH, so Verizon says its a Samsung issue, Samsung say's its a Verizon issue, 🧐 🤔 im thinking this will be my lawyers issue, "because" im not paying for this device that clearly burned me by overheating,and by the looks of it there has been multiple reports being burned from watch over heating, Im in awe ,I have always been a Samsung gal,but the response im getting on both ends (Verizon & Samsung) I see I will have to go to the next step, channel 3 news in my area would love to do a story on this one! 

I have nothing to gain by this. Other than aggravated no one wants to do anything about this issue. And I already had a appointment for DR. Over my heart having to be stopped and restarted because my heart rate was 203 and wouldn't go down for no apparent reason. 

Im 47,worked 22 year's in the medical field, and Im living a happy normal life thank you.

IMG_20220721_191728_PANO.jpg

I know a burn from a blister 

HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
You went to a phone store for a medical diagnosis? 🙄

You didn't get burned, you have an allergic reaction to the watch - it's exactly what my wife gets from any smart watch/fitness band. She never wore a watch in her life until recently, we've tried various devices from Galaxy Watch 4, Fit2, even cheap plastic Huawei bands and all give her a rash, so we've given up.

You say you've worked in the medical field for 22 years, doing what? Pushing a mop in the corridor? I hope no-one else relies on your medical diagnosis skills...
AshP_
Options

@hamiltonggs If you are based in the UK/Ireland, please send a PM to @Sam_UK with further details, and one of the mods will be able to get this looked into for you.

0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Just out of curiosity,
1 What's the ideal outcome you expect from this incident

2 What's the second best solution if you don't get your ideal solution

Tc, hope you are feeling better ❤️
0 Likes
hamiltonggs
Explorer
Options

1.Too be heard& understood The watch over heated ,burned my skin.

2. To be treated like the paying customer that I am and to spead awareness about this watch.

Im feeling better 🙏 ty

hamiltonggs
Explorer
Options

I live in the U.S, Illinois 

0 Likes
hamiltonggs
Explorer
Options

For 1 *****, No I went to the Verizon store as directed BY REPRESENTATIVE over a phone call with Verizon,and was told to take my device into local store,I was then told when she looked,but I was told I have to go to a different Verizon or Samsung to deal with this (they our through a private TCT*) so that store couldn't help with device,and she saw the burn herself mafe that comment, and ##2 *****, I'VE worked as a CNA, hospital,E.r & a care plan corrdinator, assistant manager @ a assisted memory stepdown unit, worked in a clinic and nursing,  you're a sad sad person, what if I pushed a dammm broom or mop at least I would have work, your a bully that thrives on putting people down,get a life,a job instead of being rude AF....