Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burn and Allergy on wrist Gear Fit 2

(Topic created on: 14-02-2021 10:48 PM)
iris55
First Poster
Options

I started experiencing some itching and redness in my left wrist, were I normally wear my smartband. After removing it I noticed how tingly and red the area was so I decided to keep it off and wait for the skin to heal. 

I got a pretty ugly burn (looks exactly like burning the skin with a hot stove and is quite uncomfortable) and several days after the skin started peeling off. 

This has never happened to me before with other smartbands I´ve used (which I´ve even kept all night to track my sleep patterns) but I´m now terrified of using the watch again. I don´t want to keep damaging my skin and now I have an unusable device. Might be a solution to change the band that comes with the watch?IMG_20210208_120726.jpgIMG_20210206_232543.jpg

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Looks painful ! Have seen a few comments over the years on various smartwatch- apple, gear frontier3 etc etc though your " burn " is the worst photo I've seen
A few people reckon it's due to sweat / moisture under the silicon band. Did see a couple of comments about putting a light dusting of baby talc on the inside of the band ( but not tried it myself ) Other wise would agree that maybe changing the band to maybe a leather one if you can might help
DMints
Journeyman
Options
did you wear the watch whilst showering or in the bath, I had a worse reaction after I did,
something to do with soapy water in my case,
not had a reaction since
0 Likes
Options

Lawyers get ready 

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @iris55, sorry to hear this. We take such cases very seriously. I've sent you a PM with more info, please respond to it when possible.

RunningRose
First Poster
Options

Hi SaudaA,

I’ve had my Galaxy fit2 just over a week and I’ve had to stop wearing it due to it burning my wrist. 
I’ve got photographs if required. Can you help me please?

Best regards

Rose.

0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Hey RunningRose, 

We're sorry to hear about this issue with your watch, and we take these cases very seriously. I've sent over a PM with further info regarding this, please reply when possible. 

0 Likes
Coco2704
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue! My wrist is currently "burnt" in 3 places, main one being where the sensor sits. Really itchy & irritated! 

0 Likes
Mckinstry85
First Poster
Options
I just got a Samsung watch for Christmas & have the same issue already. What is the solution here please? It is too expensive a gift not to use. It was to replace my fitbit which I had no issues with
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Mckinstry85: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your Gear Fit 2. If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other moderators will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Alternatively, please reach out to our Help Desk directly via the link below, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you further.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/