Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buds Pro Ear Infections

(Topic created on: 23-11-2022 08:34 PM)
WheyAyeAndy
First Poster
Options

I bought my partner the Buds Pro not long after they first came out, very quickly she developed what seemed to be an ear infection. She didn't wear them until the "infection" cleared up and wore again. Obviously with what everyone knows now the same thing happened again. I did change the silicone tips to foam from Comply to fit this product but the symptoms carried on. Samsung refunded my money and sent the buds back.

Now it seems the latest the Buds Pro 2 are also causing the same problem, which I'm led to believe that it's the material used in the charging points which are causing an allergic reaction. I'll hold my hands up, I don't know all the facts but my partner has a nickel allergy and these buds are not working for her. Apart from the severe uncomfortable lengthy reaction these buds are causing the actual product for me is very good, sound, quality, all that. Very good.

But what I do wish to ask is to anyone that suffered the same reaction, what did you go to? Are there any buds that don't cause such a reaction? I've looked at a few but don't want to go cause another reaction. Something with great sound, but don't cause of of the problems? Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I dont get any infections from earbuds whether they are Samsung or Apple. I always clean them with alcohol before the first time I use them, who knows what's been left on them from the assembly line and after every time I use them. This works for me and it may or may not work for anyone else.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Could be a few things, ears sweating as buds could fit too snugly. Buds handled with dirty hands ( and I don't mean dirt )
Keep the buds clean and make sure the infection has gone before they are used again.
0 Likes
Philbr58
Navigator
Options
I had quite a bad infection with the Buds Pro. I now use Buds Live with no problems.
0 Likes
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
As I've mentioned before , i had the same problem with my Ear Buds Pro. I solved it by replacing the tips with memory foam ones. They are available on Amazon. You must ensure that they are specifically designed for the Galaxy Buds Pro, as others won't fit properly . Hopefully this will work for you.
InfiniteHive
Explorer
Options

Allergic reaction?

Nickel metal contacts? Silicon ear tips?

0 Likes
ambean13
First Poster
Options
I had the allergic reaction to them too. My ears were really sore and got all scabby. So stopped using them now but gutted as I really liked them. I have looked into this and alot of people have had the reaction too. 😞
Hippobay
First Poster
Options

I have this problem as well. With Buds pro, I always have infection with my ears. I notice this a couple months ago and stopped using it help the ear get back to normal. Well, try the Buds pro again, the same problem happened. What can we do now for this?

FlorMan
Apprentice
Options

My Buds are awful. I was on the phone with a Samsung support rep for 52 minutes who hung up on me. I blew a lot of money on something that is causing me so much distress.

0 Likes
Dinah2020
Student
Options
Hi , can you kindly share the link please 🙏🏾
0 Likes