Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buds Pro allergic reaction

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 09:07 PM)
keithcoyne
Pioneer
Options
Hi, it seems like I'm having an allergic reaction to the silicone tips on the Buds Pro. Anyone else?

I've used the Buds Plus and original Buds previously without any issues but within an hour of using the Pros my ears get itchy, crusty and discharge fluid. I've seen a few references to this on the US support pages and Samsung are starting to gather info on cases etc. Is anyone aware of anything similar happening here? 

Also, any recommendations for replacement foam tips that don't affect charging?

Cheers
18 REPLIES 18
keithcoyne
Pioneer
Options
I got these from Amazon US. They're designed for the Buds Pro and certified by Samsung. Took about a week to get to the UK. Not tried them yet... ears are still recovering.

Screenshot_20210330-155235_Chrome_6341.jpg

0 Likes
Tsunamiswe
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem. What kinda tips fitting Earbuds Pro? 

0 Likes
SuperDude42
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here, ear channels weep fluid and scab over after wearing the Pros less than an hour. Never had such problems before! I will try the Comply tips referenced here, I had similar ones already for my Jabras for better fit and never had issues with them.

In any case, Samsung really should take note, something with their silicone mixture seems highly aggressive.

0 Likes
keithcoyne
Pioneer
Options

I've been following similar discussions on the Galaxy US forums where Samsung are asking for more details and in some cases recalling the Buds for further investigation (e.g. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Buds/Galaxy-Buds-Pro-tips-allergic-reaction/td-p/1727228/...)

Anyone know how to flag this discussion and issue to forum moderators or someone from Samsung who could help?

0 Likes
Members_L5lYa2Z
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this. I had the same thing too with my ears reacting to the earbuds. I have ordered Comply tips from amazon and will see how I get on.

0 Likes
vim_fuego_0
First Poster
Options

I've had the buds and buds + and ended up on antibiotics for reaction. Shouldn't have to buy better tips from elsewhere it's ridiculous this hasn't been addressed by Samsung.. unless it has ?

0 Likes
Members_R5BarCs
First Poster
Options

I to have had this problem for three months now, after investigation by the doctor and the only new denominator, was the buds. Have ordered the comply buds but what I want to know is have Samsung responded to any of your complaints, I have messaged them but have yet to have a response back from them.

0 Likes
keithcoyne
Pioneer
Options
I ended up returning the buds to Samsung and getting a fully refund, only after providing info, images etc.
0 Likes
Tsunamiswe
First Poster
Options

I've returned the buds, got new ones and sold them. I've also got gift cards for 2000 skr. About $200.

0 Likes