Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buds Pro allergic reaction

(Topic created on: 24-03-2021 07:35 PM)
keithcoyne
Pioneer
Options
Hi, it seems like I'm having an allergic reaction to the silicone tips on the Buds Pro. Anyone else?

I've used the Buds Plus and original Buds previously without any issues but within an hour of using the Pros my ears get itchy, crusty and discharge fluid. I've seen a few references to this on the US support pages and Samsung are starting to gather info on cases etc. Is anyone aware of anything similar happening here? 

Also, any recommendations for replacement foam tips that don't affect charging?

Cheers
18 REPLIES 18
Options
Apparently you can get memory foam for them I asked similar question
0 Likes
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
I also had the problem , enough to need antibiotics for both ears! I replaced the tips with Comply SmartCore Premium Tips. They are memory foam and have cured the allergy .
They are available on Amazon UK.
Hope this helps.
keithcoyne
Pioneer
Options
Thanks, can the buds still charge in the case with the comply tips?
0 Likes
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
Yes. They aetre not the cheapest, but I bought them on recommendation and am happy. you get the same 3 sizes as the ones that come with the pods from Samsung.
Good luck, but if you're still unhappy please don't shoot the messenger !!
keithcoyne
Pioneer
Options
Haha, no worries. was going to get them anyway but still has questions about fit. Thanks again.
0 Likes
Pjc21
Navigator
Options
These are what I used.. you get three sets.. two are the same, one is a slightly different profile and all fit the buds.. choose the. Size based on what fits you best from the original tips.
For instance medium fit me best so the comply tips here are a medium set all of them.. all the best

20210324_120400_8713.jpg

Pjc21
Navigator
Options
As I said in another post.. there are other makes and I don't wish to push one make, but like me you have probably realised there is little information out there as to what fits the new buds pro and these do 👍
0 Likes
Anniken
First Poster
Options

Me too! Never happened before. 

0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
They work

20210330_151902_3245.jpg

20210330_151841_3244.jpg