Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buds Live & Sony Walkman

(Topic created on: 29-11-2020 10:24 AM)
Mindorra
Apprentice
Options

I principally use my Sony Walkman NW-A105 (Android 9) for my music. Received my Live Buds yesterday, no problem connecting, downloaded the Wearables App no probs. However when I try to connect to the buds it says I need an add-in. Fine. Except the add-in is 'not compatible with my device' (presumably because it doesn't have a mic). 

Without it the sound quality is pretty poor - I connected with my smartphone to check and there's just no comparison.

I contacted for help and have been told that to 'fix' it I should just listen to my music through my smartphone - however I don't think making my not-inexpensive music player redundant just so I can use my not-inexpensive earphones is really a solution, especially when I had carefully checked the specs before buying and could not have foreseen this being an issue.
I've asked to escalate which apparently means waiting for a callback sometime in the next 24 hours - when I asked if this could be narrowed down or prearranged so I didn't miss the call I was told I should just 'keep my phone nearby all the time', as if that was perfectly reasonable and obvious (I get there's a pandemic, but I still have things to do!)
If anyone has any ideas or solutions that would be fantastic - otherwise, Samsung, can you please update the Buds Live add-in app to be compatible with smart devices that aren't smartphones? I know I won't have call functionality and whatnot but I never wanted that in the first place!

6 REPLIES 6
Fantastic
Pathfinder
Options
I would contact samsung and ask them for help or update your Sony Walkman NW-A105 because that may be half the issue
0 Likes
Mindorra
Apprentice
Options

Thank you.
As noted above, the first thing I did was contact Samsung - their 'solution' was "use your phone". I'm still waiting on the callback I was supposed to get (as of time of writing they have 45 minutes left on the clock).
The Walkman is totally up to date in terms of software and there are no issues with anything else - the only problem seems to be incompatibility with the Buds Live add-in for the Android Wearable App (the app itself works on the Walkman, the add-in doesn't).

0 Likes
jazzman1958
First Poster
Options

Hi,

did you ever get this sorted? I got a pair of buds live and have an A105, can't get the wear app to work as it is saying the buds live plugin is incompatible

Thanks

J

0 Likes
Mindorra
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately not. I got shunted about a few departments for  while  (all of whom said it was one  of the others I needed to speak to) and had a couple of calls out of the blue while I was working (despite specifically asking for an arranged time so I could make myself available). The last of these I was able to take but got hung up on halfway through and I've never heard anything since. I check intermittently to see if it's been sorted but don't see much chance of it to be honest, there probably isn't much appetite for developing outside the smartphone audience (which is  a shame).

0 Likes
jazzman1958
First Poster
Options

Ok, thanks for letting me know, would you still happen to have the case reference number?

I'll see if I can follow up on it

0 Likes
Mindorra
Apprentice
Options

There were a few. 2128418753, 1850607 and 1881146 were among the later ones I was given; 1161938600 was one of the earlier case references.

0 Likes