Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Buds+ Ambient sound not working during calls

(Topic created on: 20-08-2020 10:53 AM)
Talicz
Journeyman
Options

At the beginnig of May I bought Samsung Galaxy Buds+ (SM-R175NZKAEUA).

Everything was workign fine, but after some updates, the functionality activating Ambient sound during calls stopped working.

I found some people on Reddit having the same issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxybuds/comments/fchz8z/ambient_sound_while_on_call_not_working_buds/

I have the latest SW:

Buds firmware: R175XXU0ATF2

Galaxy Wearable app: 2.2.30.20031361

Galaxy Buds+ Plugin: 1.3.20061651

Android 9

I tried to reset the Buds over the Wearable app, I cleared data and cache of the Warable app, I completely removed Wearable and Buds+ Plugin and instaled it again. None of it helped.

All the features work fine (even the Ambient sound). But when I start calling, the ambient sound is deactivated.

When stop calling, it activates again.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Talicz ,

as you are still having this issue you can take any of the following routes:

-If you think that this is software related, you can send an error report to our developers via Samsung Members. This app is embedded in most of our devices, if you are unable to find it, please download it from the Samsung Galaxy Store. Once done,  head into: Menu (3 Lines in top left) > Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports.

-However, id you feel that there is something wrong with the Buds, I would personally suggest taking these to one of our Support Centre to be examined. Find your local one in the UK here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

0 Likes
Solution
Talicz
Journeyman
Options

Hi All,

@TessM - thank you for your message and recommendations.

Not sure what happened but the issue has been SOLVED for me!! Most likely the solution came with a new versions of the Android Apps.

Versions I have now:

Galaxy Buds+ Plugin: 1.4.20080651

Galaxy Wearable: 2.2.32.20071661

Earbuds SW: R175XXU0ATF2

Regards,

Martin T.

0 Likes
Talicz
Journeyman
Options

Hi All,

@TessM - thank you for your message and recommendations.

Not sure what happened but the issue has been SOLVED for me!! Most likely the solution came with a new versions of the Android Apps.

Versions I have now:

Galaxy Buds+ Plugin: 1.4.20080651

Galaxy Wearable: 2.2.32.20071661

Earbuds SW: R175XXU0ATF2

Regards,

Martin T.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great news, @Talicz! Thanks for letting us know!

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great news, @Talicz! Thanks for letting us know!

0 Likes
ChenMaster7
Apprentice
Options

Is anyone still having the same issue? I bought mine a month ago (Sept 2020) and it was working fine at first, like what Talicz mentioned, then the ambient sound stopped working in calls, and it has the same issue with discord calls too (can't hear computer audio in discord calls). The buds plus also has the same no computer audio issue in other calls too, including phone calls. For some reason the ambient sound works fine in Zoom calls.

I also did everything like what Talicz did.

My current buds plus firmware is R175XXU0ATH7.

0 Likes
Talicz
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have the same firmware, everything is working fine.

Wearable app version 2.2.34.20091461

Galaxy Buds+ Plugin: 2.0.20100751

But I remember, it started happening around the time I connected the buds with my Linux laptop, and was playing with different output modes.

Maybe it is somehow related and the new Buds firmware just reset the inner setting.

For me no manual reset worked, maybe you will need to wait for a new update or return it back... who knows 😕

0 Likes
Bricejhs
First Poster
Options

Same problem still. No ambient sound during call. During call long press on left ear bud which I have set to enable ambient sounds instead muted mircophone during call. Bought ear buds in July 2020. Worked fined for a few months now haven't had ambient sound during calls since September 2020. 

Earbuds firmware: R175XXU0ATH7

Galaxy buds app version 2.1.0

Everything else is working just find. Ambient sounds work perfectly outside of call and app tap controls work fine as well. Miss ambient sound during calls tho. Ppl tell me I sound muffled now as well. Not sure if the two are related. 

0 Likes
ChenMaster7
Apprentice
Options

This is exactly my issue as well. I hope a new update comes out soon to fix this ambient sound issue. Out of curiosity, have you tried ambient sound in Zoom calls? Ambient sound somehow works only in Zoom calls for me but nowhere else.

0 Likes
123stevevw
First Poster
Options
I have uninstalled the app, reset my buds plus and still I can't stop the ambient sound turning off as soon as I dial a number. I'm talking like I'm deaf on the phone, what can I do to fix it?

Installed latest update today too and I'm using Galaxy S10 phone.
0 Likes