Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buds 2 Pro ear irritation.

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 08:43 AM)
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
For anybody that has had problems with ear buds in the past. A little warning for you. When I first got the buds Pro I was one that had irritation to my ears they would become very itchy if I used them for too long. So what I did was only use them for short periods. And over the months they got better, and the irritation to my ears stopped. I'm not one to have ear buds in my ears for too long, max few hours a day not even everyday. Recently I recieved my Buds 2 Pro. New buds couldn't wait to try them out. Listened for a few hours Thursday before going to bed, all seemed OK. In the night my ears started itching, woke up to them very sore weeping and crusty. There still the same this morning and this is the worse they have ever been. So if you have bought the buds 2 Pro, don't wear them too long to begin with if you have had problems in the past. Never had the issue with the buds + or buds 2. Obviously you can get discomfort and itchy ears after wearing in ear buds, which is normal. So I'm not entirely sure of the cause for my ears to get this bad. Whether it's down to new silicon and sweat build up. Only ever been an issue with the pro models. I will probably try and get different tips when my ears feel better. As I really like the buds 2 pro. New lighter weight design feels better and more comfortable, and sound very good. 
37 REPLIES 37
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I've been looking on amazon and haven't came across any myself. All showing the buds 2 and pro. None for the buds 2 Pro yet.
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah its hard to find but I'm just wondering if the mesh inside the tip is the part causing problems because all my other ear buds don't have the mesh part and i have no problems with them but with buds pro and buds pro 2 both have the mesh inside and they are the only 2 i have had problems with.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Same here, only the pros I have had issues with. Buds + have the mesh and I've been fine with them since they were released. It's an odd one for sure.
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah definitely is. I don't want to re-sell them but if it's not the tips then i have no choice but to. But once my ears are better my cheap bud tips fit on the buds 2 Pro so i hopefully should find out in the next couple of weeks.. and will keep you posted.
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Well unfortunately i can not use the buds 2 pro so i decided to sell them as i can't continue with getting ear infections again and again. Now I'm using beats fit pro so far no problems.. and no ear infections. I think samsing needs to look at older pairs of buds and go back to using those types of materials.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Thanks for the update, shame as there good earphones.
kerryj
First Poster
Options
Do not wear these ear buds! I have had the worst reaction to them I've ever had to a set of buds, I wore them for no longer than a few hours before my left ear started itching uncontrollably I woke up the next morning to find my whole ear had swollen and I could not hear out of the ear at all. I have a very serious ear infection and am in complete agony! No wonder they were giving them away for free.
micstewart
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for this. I had the same problem with Buds Pro (never had any issues with any other manufacturer ever). I gave them away after 2 months ater constant ear issues. absolutely zero issues since getting rid of them. Samsung have obviously ignored the issue and your post has saved me another expensive mistake. Can anyone recommend a set of buds to compete with Airpods Pro (which I also use) thanks
Mcluvin
Apprentice
Options

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-comments-on-Galaxy-Buds-Pro-and-Galaxy-Buds2-causing-ear-infec...

It seems it may be the charging ports on top coming into contact with the top of the ear.  I have the same problem.  Dry crusty ear at the top.  It only happened after getting and using my Samsung buds pro and pro 2

Kristeelu
Student
Options

Hi Fiona26. Same issues with me exactly! I can't even wear this buds2 pro for even 5 mins without them irritating my ears. It starts with them kinda itching until I wake to them weeping and crusty as well. I have tried everything and I'm so disappointed because I did not have this problem with my regular buds. If you have found what helps please let me know! I would even downgrade if I could. I did the sale where I traded in my flip 3 for the fold 4 the watch5 pro and the buds2 pro for like 1,100 bucks so I don't know if I can return them or trade in for others