Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buds 2 Pro ear irritation.

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 08:43 AM)
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
For anybody that has had problems with ear buds in the past. A little warning for you. When I first got the buds Pro I was one that had irritation to my ears they would become very itchy if I used them for too long. So what I did was only use them for short periods. And over the months they got better, and the irritation to my ears stopped. I'm not one to have ear buds in my ears for too long, max few hours a day not even everyday. Recently I recieved my Buds 2 Pro. New buds couldn't wait to try them out. Listened for a few hours Thursday before going to bed, all seemed OK. In the night my ears started itching, woke up to them very sore weeping and crusty. There still the same this morning and this is the worse they have ever been. So if you have bought the buds 2 Pro, don't wear them too long to begin with if you have had problems in the past. Never had the issue with the buds + or buds 2. Obviously you can get discomfort and itchy ears after wearing in ear buds, which is normal. So I'm not entirely sure of the cause for my ears to get this bad. Whether it's down to new silicon and sweat build up. Only ever been an issue with the pro models. I will probably try and get different tips when my ears feel better. As I really like the buds 2 pro. New lighter weight design feels better and more comfortable, and sound very good. 
37 REPLIES 37
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you tried maybe the smaller ear tips. I hear that sometimes if the fit is too tight, can cause problems
Sounds like you obviously have a reaction to silicone.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It was first time using them, so the tips that were already on them felt comfortable. Also did the fit test in the wearable app, came up good. So continued with the tips that were on them. I will try the smaller tips as soon as my ears feel better.
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I've not had any issued wearing any buds from any manufacturer, maybe I'm just lucky but I always clean them first and regularly with alcohol based wipes.

I've got some free buds 2 Pro's coming so I'll see if I get any issues but I honestly don't think I will.
AndrewL
Options

@Fiona26: I'm really sorry to hear that you have encountered these symptoms while wearing your Galaxy Buds2 Pro. If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I never even thought about cleaning them before first use. Obviously I clean them after every use preventing build up of dirt. Cleaning before first use is probably a very good idea, cleaning would clean away anything left on them from manufacturer.
CartoonKid
Student
Options
My Buds2 Pros are irritating my ears also, and a friend of mine just got an ear infection from wearing his new Buds2 Pros.
AndrewL
Options

@CartoonKid: I'm sorry to hear that. If you follow the steps in my post above, and reach out to Sam_UK, then we will be able to get this issue escalated for you. 

OnC
First Poster
Options

I suggest you stay away from this ear bud. I had severe reaction to this for months not knowing that my ear buds pro 2 is having this much debates on causing ear infections.

I have 3 other previous generation galaxy buds, have not had any issues until I started listening with buds pro 2. I cleaned the ear tips with alcohol, submerged it into it, and even used UV light. 

My infection healed with 2 weeks of steroid ointment, but the infection and itchiness returned right after only a couple minute using it again.

I may had allergic reactions to unknown materials they use producing it. Cleaning won't help. Just stay away 

Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Hi all i myself had really bad ear infections from the buds pro and samsung was very helpful. I then decided to buy the buds 2 pro of someone hoping that these would be better but unfortunately these have also made my ears itchy etc im thinking it could be the bud tips so does anyone know what good tips would be good to use on the buds 2 pro? Thanks