Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bricked Watches after firmware update

(Topic created on: 12-11-2022 10:50 AM)
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
I'm seeing a lot of reports where Samsung are telling customers to either upgrade their watches to the customers cost which have been bricked by a Samsung Firmware update, especially if out of warranty. 

Surely Samsung should be footing the repair bill for these issues not the customer, whether they are in warranty or not, especially as they have acknowledged the issue and stopped the firmware rollout.

Luckily at the moment, I haven't got the affected firmware from what I can tell, plus I charge mine before it reaches about 15% but concerned if it did happen Samsung would try to make me pay for their issue.

4 REPLIES 4
keith30
Maestro
Options
They released the patch to repair the devices but iv'e also heard that it doesn't fix some users watches and made it worse. They should replace them all as it's they fault and have acknowledged it.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Totally agree they should
0 Likes
chipsetseo
Apprentice
Options

Ma galaxy watch a été bloquée suite à la mise à jour. Problème signalé, je devais recevoir un bon pour l'envoyer en réparation mais plus de réponse. Et quand j'envoie des messages plus de réponse. Même le chat est désactiver des que je pose la question. 

0 Likes
fbs4800
Pioneer
Options
Was there any update on this? My Gear S3 died one day and won't turn back on. Fully charged but way out of warranty.
0 Likes