Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing Workout

(Topic created on: 29-09-2020 07:06 AM)
AimeeV
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have the Samsung Active2 and I see that I can add Boxing as a workout on the Samgung Health app on my phone but I cannot get it on my watch.  Can you please help me with this?  Also, is there a way to lock the screen while working out?  I like to wear my watch under my wraps and gloves but since I cannot lock the screen it tends to pause the workout without me knowing.

9 REPLIES 9
Cosmic730
Pioneer
Options
No idea on adding boxing to the workout tile on Active2 but to stop false touches on your watch from your wraps, you just need to add a pin to your watch. Just go to settings and then security on your watch.
0 Likes
Sleachh
First Poster
Options

Did you find an answer to this? I'm having the same problem! Can add boxing on the app on my phone but I can't add it on my watch. 

AimeeV
Apprentice
Options

No unfortunately not.  I've been using the "other workout" option so I at least get my heart rate and hopefully accurate calories. I use FightCamp and have punch trackers that go with so that helps track progress too :smiling-face: 

P.S. If you wanna join fight camo use my referral code to and we'll each get 2 months free classes! REG20517

0 Likes
ReyMond45
First Poster
Options

Lock the clock - no, you can't. Try to sync, if it doesn't work, then no, you can't either. This is a big problem with Active2. Sorry, Samsung is not very good at this. I've used a watch with KeyOne, used a watch with Xiaomi and it's hard to tell which is better or worse. I really love to train and this is very important to me. It's good that I'm not a beginner and I know what to do. I use a food regimen, I drink vitamins and peptides, I follow the regimen. I exercise every day for about 30 minutes and it gives me pleasure, but the glitches in the clock distract me, so I'm very scrupulous about this.

0 Likes
R210
First Poster
Options

Go to your samsung health app on your phone and select the boxing feature ( don't click on the star, click on the word boxing ) it will take you to a screen asking what your goal is and you can hit start and begin your workout. You can lock your phone and hit the home screen just don't close the window with this app and you could still hear music. Only thing is that is registers your punch like a step, so my watch tells me I worked out too much.

0 Likes
teamElephant1YouTube
First Poster
Options

Following your directions above do not add Boxing to the Active 2 Watch. If you have a way to add Boxing to the watch waerables, I'm interested, I just bought one and for that purpose alone. Fitbit was the other option, but I like having the same brand across device. For right now, I'm using the inaccurate Other workout tab or feature.

Zadam123
First Poster
Options

Is there any way to get your heart rate doing it this way? Also is this kind of accurate because I just burned $690 calories in a half hour workout and I'm wondering how it knows that since it does not sync with the watch heartbeat

0 Likes
AimeeV
Apprentice
Options

I don't think that's accurate. Seem like way too many calories burned in just 30 mins. What I set my watch the "other workout " option it says I only burn 200 calories in 45 mins of high intensity boxing. I'm dripping sweat and only burned 200 calories...definitely not true lol.  I don't know I'm starting to think I need to get a different watch because this is the main reason I got one was to track my boxing workouts:(

MusicBethC
First Poster
Options

Hi!  I'm thinking about getting the FightCamp trackers.  Are they worth the cost?

0 Likes