Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Body Fat totally inaccurate on Watch 4

(Topic created on: 23-01-2023 12:07 PM)
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

I have been using the body composition feature on my Watch 4 classic.  I compared the reading to my inexpensive electronic scales and results from a company medical I had in October last year

My scales consistently records Body Fat between 15-17%.  It's been in that range for a couple of years and matches the company medical using medical grade equipment.  However my Watch 4 consistently records a Body Fat percentage of around 24 - 25 % - done at same time as using scales.  Thats about 10% higher!

Other measures are more or less in line with my scale and past medicals.  Why is the body fat so wrong?

15 REPLIES 15
Jelena Manders
First Poster
Options

I did the navy calculator wich is very accurate so as my watch and readings are similar. 

0 Likes
Jelena Manders
First Poster
Options

The most accurate way is to meassure your fat%is post mortem, so you know nothing,including your smart scales,scans will not be 100% accurate. But watch is a good way to tell if you if  are going right way,building a muscle,loosing a fat. 

0 Likes
Omeganex9999
First Poster
Options

How exactly doest it help I'm building muscle and I'm at less than 15% body fat but the watch keeps saying 25%? It's been like that for months, and I have lost several kg.

This thing doesn't work, period. 

Lcqq
First Poster
Options

I'm having same issue. Body fat is off by 10 pct or so. I'm not an overnight person, so I'm wondering if the issue is with athletes or smaller people (you know how most of this types of scales have an athlete mode) 

0 Likes
Farfanit
First Poster
Options

Ive learnt from other devices using biomoedancy that bodies Out of the average (more like Athletic bodies) use to be measured wrong.

Back on Fitbit Aria sales, they offered a measurment for atlethic people which was more acurrate than then default one and ir worked good 

I'm having the same issue though.

0 Likes
Biohack
First Poster
Options
Same issue. Mine is all over the place. I'm not expecting to be accurate but it's waaaaaaay off.
0 Likes