Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth headphones keep disconnecting from Active 2 watch when out running

(Topic created on: 27-11-2020 03:39 PM)
blondini82
First Poster
Options

I have an Active 2 watch which I specifically bought so I could use my Strava app to record my run and at the same time listen to music via Spotify - without having to take my phone out each time. When I first got the phone it seemed to work ok, however recently when I have been running for about 5-6 minutes the music stops. The spotify app looks as though it's still playing, however when I go to the connections within the app and try and connect my headphones again it says it's paired but just hangs when it tries to connect and then says "not connected". My headphones are always charged so I don't think that could be the issue.  I have also restarted the watch, uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app, reduced the amount of data I have on my watch (I only really have 3 podcasts and a few songs). This is really frustrating as I purchased this watch over others because of these two functionalities. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @blondini82 ,

Do you have any Power saving set on the phone or watch as this may be causing the issue?

0 Likes
blondini82
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the idea however my watch wasn't on power saving i normally do my runs in the morning on a full charge....
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Has this been happening since you got the watch? Can I ask what headphones are you connecting to it and if the watch software and all the apps are up to date? 

0 Likes
peterusa
First Poster
Options

This is slightly unrelated to this thread, but I thought I'd ask. When using a watch to listen to podcasts (without a phone), is there an option to change the playback speed of the podcast episode?

0 Likes