Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth connection problems GW and iPhone X

(Topic created on: 09-12-2018 10:17 AM)
Celf
Navigator
Options

Because of the better looks i want to use a GW with my iPhone X instead of an Apple Watch. According to Samsung this should work, although with limited functionality. However, the BT connection is very bad. After disconnecting from the phone (walking away from the phone) the GW never automatically reconnects after comming back.  Sometimes (after a few hours) they reconnect all of a sudden, but most of the time i have to use the Gear app on my iphone to establish a connection... which will be dropped again as soon as i walk away from te phone and never reconnect and so on. I have to manually reconnect 10-20 times a day. This makes the watch useless for notifications. My other BT stuff doesn't have these problems with my iPhone, only the GW. I know the GW has limited functionality when connected to an iPhone, but that's no problem for me. It's just the BT connection. I did hard reset both my GW and iPhone, but it didn't get any better. I did send a few logfiles to Samsung.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Celf
Navigator
Options

Latest update didn't solve the problem. BT connection is useless. Still have to use Gear Watch app up to 15 times a day to let the devices "find" each other.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Celf: Sorry to hear that you're having these issues. Typically the Bluetooth connection between your phone and Galaxy Watch should be around 10m therefore as a workaround I recommend staying within that range to prevent the devices from unpairing.
0 Likes
Celf
Navigator
Options

That's what I am trying. However in my daily work it's not always possible to take my phone with me. Coming back from a meeting BT connection won't reconnect. But, BT sometimes drops when the devices are next to each other on a table. I'm trying to create a logfile (with times, minutes and actions) for Samsung. The GW is a fun device to use, but not without a decent BT connection. 

0 Likes