Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth connection problem

(Topic created on: 28-01-2022 07:45 PM)
Aga_S
Journeyman
Options
Recently purchased Watch 4 and came accros the problem. When the watch is on charge it disconnects from bluetooth. I troed every possible solution, researched troubleshooting on samsung website and spoke to customer support. Nothing more can be done. Is this has something to do with recen upgrade to Android 12? Did somebody came accross the same problem?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Connect watch to phone

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003238/
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Aga_S: When you place the watch on charge, are you remaining within Bluetooth connection range? If so, then this feature is likely to be in place to preserve power while charging. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

0 Likes
Aga_S
Journeyman
Options
@andrew, yes the phone is in the same room. What u are saying makes sense and it would be good to mention that somewhere or in manual as people thinking something is wrong with the watch. I cleared the cache on bluetooth app itself and the connectio n seems better now. 🙂
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Is it that you aren't getting notifications on the Watch when charging? If so then have a look in Wearables settings as there's an option for 'only receive notifications whilst wearing'.
I have it enabled on mine so that it's not buzzing on the unit everytime I get an email or message at night
0 Likes
Aga_S
Journeyman
Options
@Richmar83 yes i have it set to receive notifications while wearing. Its not about notifications as sometimes when its charging im searching through new faces with hope to download it but cannot do much as my bluetooth is disconnected. What is doing it keeps dropping the connection. Unless as AndrewL said it is a feature while charging then its fine, but it doesnt say anywhere...
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Wondering if it's some kind of interference from the QI charging dock / electro field that's knocking the connection out.
0 Likes
Aga_S
Journeyman
Options
Maybe? It doesnt show any errors and i cannot sync with samsung health while charging
0 Likes