Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Light Discount Card

(Topic created on: 15-08-2021 01:56 PM)
Rich242
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I've got the Blue Light discount card and Samsung have offered some really good deals on there. I often buy Samsung products and I'm a big fan. I've got the Galaxy Watch R800F and I'm looking at pre-ordering the Galaxy watch4. The product is £309 on the normal website. On the blue light page it's discounted to £262 (15% discount). I'm looking at trading in my R800F. On the normal website the trade in value is £100. On the blue light website the trade in value is £20. After "trading in" the total payable on the normal website is £209 and the total payable on the blue light discounted website is £242. This must be a mistake? It doesn't make sense that the discounted price is more than the normal price. I would have excpected the price to work out at 15% off from the normal price (after trade in) making it £177. 

11 REPLIES 11
AsadM
Options

Hi @Rich242, thanks for reaching out. The Trade In value on the normal Samsung website will differ from the discounted website, and not all promotions cross over from the standard website onto the discounted website. The values you're getting on both websites is correct. 

0 Likes
Rich242
Apprentice
Options
Asad cheers for the reply. Ok, so understand that there is no mistake on the pricing from the website point of view. Morally, is it right that Samsung are charging blue light card holders (NHS, police, fire brigade and other hard working front line staff) more money than normal customers? Some might not compare the prices between the blue light price and the normal price just trusting that Samsung won't rip them off. In this case they would wrong and Samsung would be charging them more. Surely there should be some warning on the blue light advertising from Samsung that prices may be significantly cheaper on the normal website??
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
I also found this with my blue light card and was equally annoyed
0 Likes
Rich242
Apprentice
Options

I've had this replay this morning. 

Hi Richard,

Good day! I hope you're doing well. Your Reference Number is 2123211.

Thank you for getting in touch with Samsung.

Please be advised that as you already receive a discount through the Employee Purchase Portal, we are not able to offer the same level of discount for trade-in handsets as we are on the standard online store. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

For full FAQs, you may visit this link https://www.samsung.com/uk/trade-in/.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to respond to this email thread.

Kind regards,

Reysalie
Samsung Shop Support Team
0330 SAMSHOP (726 7467)

Rich242
Apprentice
Options

I've responded with:

Reysalie

Thanks for your response., Just to confirm. You are saying that it is correct that Samsung is offering a discount to NHS/emergency workers but through other discounts offered on your normal website, what you are advertising to NHS/emergency workers is actually more expensive? And Samsung thinks that is right? To be honest I’m a little disgusted by that. Please can you place a warning on the Samsung advertisement on the blue light discount website warning NHS/emergency workers that they may be paying higher prices through the discount scheme. At least then they will know to do their own research first before trusting the discounts offered by Samsung.  

I shall make sure that pass on this warning through the many social media outlets for emergency workers so people don’t get caught out.

Thanks again for you help.

Kind regards

Richard

AsadM
Options

I appreciate where you're coming from, @Rich242, but the reduction on the discounted website applies to certain products, and promotions on the standard website aren't included in this. As you can appreciate, the standard website is for everyone to use, so everyone eligible can take advantage of the promotions on there, so sometimes it will work out better to purchase products from here compared to the discounted website as this does miss out on certain offers. I understand that some people will want to save as much as they can when buying products, but as I mentioned in my previous post, the discounted websites will be limited compared to the standard website, and the prices you get on there can differ from the standard website. 

0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I also had a slight issue using my BLC for the watch4 - on the normal website you can design your own watch so chose the watch and strap and pay one price....using BLC I had to buy a complete watch and the strap I wanted separately so I'll end up with 2 straps.... So the discount was quite as good, but still a reduction
0 Likes
mpw2081
Journeyman
Options

There seems to be an issue with BLC accessing samsung portal, was going to pre-order the flip 3 but when i press visit website it redirects back to BLC home page, what is the issue. 

0 Likes
Rich242
Apprentice
Options
I actually know the answer to that one. It's a setting on your phone. When you first go to the Samsung website through the BLC your phone gives you the option to select BLC or Samsung website. You've selected BLC and always. You need to clear the defaults in the BLC app then when you next click on the Samsung link select Samsung website and always. That should sort it. Good luck.