Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blood Pressure Reliability & Accuracy

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 06:56 PM)
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Anyone else disappointed with the reliability & accuracy of the blood pressure app on their Galaxy Watch 3?

Mine always gets to 98% then fails with a weak signal error! I have to have wear the watch tight to the point it hurts after a while or press it against my wrist with my other hand when taking a measurement. 😕

Having calibrated my watch using an Omron M7 Blood Pressure Monitor i'm getting the following results when comparing them both:

Watch result: 112sys / 79dia / 60bpm

Omron M7 result: 123sys / 86dia / 70bpm

I also don't like the fact that there is no way to read your last result on the watch, you have to use your phone to view a previous result.

Not good!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
12 REPLIES 12
henron
First Poster
Options

(EDIT: just realized OP refers to watch 3. I refer to watch 4 classic. don't know if hardware/sensors are the same with regards to blood pressure measurement) 

same here. also quite disappointed. recallibrated around 5 times as of now (trying different positions for the watch). sometimes measurements appear a bit more accurate. however, most of the time diastolic pressure measured by the watch is about 10 points lower than measured on omron m700 (used for callibration / as reference). at the same time systolic pressure usually is higher than reference value.

started searching to see if others experience the same and if it might be about me incorrectly callibrating the watch. any tips/advices and/or confirmations about inaccuracy very welcome.

blood pressure measurement was the main reason i bought the watch, too. if i don't get this to work reliably i'll probably return the watch.

RubyMouse
Apprentice
Options

I have a watch 4 as well. To begin with it seemed pretty good but I had to reset my watch and recalibrate and since then it's been terrible. It turns my readings into verge-of-heart-attack levels which causes my blood pressure to go up! I have recalibrated several times and still get really high inaccurate reading on the watch. No idea why.

0 Likes
Shruby
First Poster
Options
Hi just got my galaxy 4 watch and it keeps telling me low signal
0 Likes