Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blood Pressure Reliability & Accuracy

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 06:57 PM)
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Anyone else disappointed with the reliability & accuracy of the blood pressure app on their Galaxy Watch 3?

Mine always gets to 98% then fails with a weak signal error! I have to have wear the watch tight to the point it hurts after a while or press it against my wrist with my other hand when taking a measurement. 😕

Having calibrated my watch using an Omron M7 Blood Pressure Monitor i'm getting the following results when comparing them both:

Watch result: 112sys / 79dia / 60bpm

Omron M7 result: 123sys / 86dia / 70bpm

I also don't like the fact that there is no way to read your last result on the watch, you have to use your phone to view a previous result.

Not good!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
12 REPLIES 12
Ernicjo69
First Poster
Options
had the update but cant find the blood pressure bit
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I recalibrated my watch and my results are better.

Watch result: 124sys / 88dia / 66bpm

Omron M7: 121sys / 86dia / 65bpm

I ran the watch test first and once complete the Omron M7. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I have done multiple measurements this afternoon after doing calibration against my home monitor...

the results have been pretty consistent and within one or two points of my proper BP kit. I am suitably impressed from my usage.

Screenshot_20210222-182450_Samsung Health Monitor.jpg

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
Hi. Did you also download the Samsung Health Monitor app on your smartphone?

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
Ernicjo69
First Poster
Options
yes had to download the new samsung health monitor app
0 Likes
Pd810
Voyager
Options

hello @WelshPaul,

mine Watch 3 after calibration measure quite precise and accurate. I am getting the difference of +-3 at maximum, and I would say it is because the watch is on the opposite arm to the blood pressure meter. so, I am very happy with this function. 

The ECG I have no problem there when taking the measure the watch should be worn a little tighter, but not so tight that it hurts. the ECG graph can be found inside the Samsung Health Monitor, you can also export it to a PDF file and share it. Also this feature is working great!

0 Likes
Colinday
Apprentice
Options
I have active 2 watch but can't see how to recalibrate, how did you do it ?
0 Likes
Kevthedude
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. The blood pressure monitor does not work properly and that's one of the main reasons I brought it

0 Likes
Mar72kuss
Apprentice
Options

me too, same problem, I have recalibrated many times, doing exactly as per instruction, waiting 5 minutes sit down, correct fixing on my arm  etc. etc.  and after all expecially the dyastolic has 10 points difference. 

I have bought gaxalxy wath 4 exclusive for blood pressure. I understand it's not a medical equipment but I would like to have something that arrive at least to similar M7 OMRON that I use for my monitoring.