Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blood pressure not working on Galaxy Watch 4 Classic

(Topic created on: 29-08-2021 01:28 AM)
Cerebro
Explorer
Options

Hi guys. I just got my Watch 4 classic delivered and the Blood Pressure and ECG don't work as the Samsung Health Monitor keeps saying not available in your current location. And I reside in the UK. Really confused, need help.

21 REPLIES 21
Ang144
Pioneer
Options
Do you use Samsung phone too?
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
Make sure you update the Samsung Health app on your phone and also make sure you have the Samsung Health Monitor app installed too.
You will then have to calibrate the watch using a regular blood pressure monitor device. This has to be done once a month to keep the watch reading accurately.

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
Paulsg
Journeyman
Options
Mine OK in the UK
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Mine is OK too. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
peterngo
First Poster
Options

I just got my Galaxy Watch 4 classic and also having the same problem on a Galaxy S10 SM-G973F.

I reside in the UK and bought the watch from the Samsung UK website.

My phone was purchased in Australia (as I'm from Australia), but everything is set up for the UK (Samsung account, Google account, Phone updates).

Software for all devices are up to date.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Amenawon
First Poster
Options

I live in Lagos, Nigeria and I am experiencing the same problem. Blood Pressure and ECG don't show up on my Galaxy Watch 4. I see it on my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, but it's asking me to record manually.
I have updated Watch software and phone apps, but the same problem.

0 Likes
Cerebro
Explorer
Options
So I spoke with Samsung and apparently if you bought your phone from the African region, those features won't work. I've had a galaxy note 9 since when I was in Nigeria and relocated to the UK. Unfortunately I'm not able to use those features until I change my phone here in the UK.
0 Likes
corfutan
First Poster
Options
How do I recalibrate the bp measure on galaxy watch 4
0 Likes
Whitzend123
Explorer
Options

I've just had a similar problem which I've managed to fix and I think this is how I did it:

When I was getting the "not available in your current location" error, I think I had location services on the watch disabled.

I was setting up the weather tile and enabled location services for this - so the first screen would always show weather where I am located.

So at that point it established my location was in the UK, I guess. Because then I went back to the blood pressure monitor tile and pressed "measure" on the watch. Then the Samsung Health Monitor app on the phone (S21 Ultra) was no longer displaying the error message and I was able to measure blood pressure and ECG perfectly fine.

Hope this helps.